MAJOR help in very bad Yeast infection

Ok i am 24 weeks pregnant. i been having a yeast infection since i been pregnant and i have no used nothing to clear it up because i dont like using over the counter meds or any type for that matter. Im on a natural path of remedies. My Midwife suggested to go ahead and use monistat 5-7 day box. got it a few days ago and i was going to start tonight. well, as soon as i took the plastic applicator out i was on fire, it burned so much i couldnt bear it. It felt like someone took a chili and stuck it in there. i had to clean my self with cold cold water with a soft wash cloth. i dont know why i get so many infections all the time, pregnant or not. it itches, burns and its so hurting right now. i really dont know what else i can do. wearing panty liners dont work. it actually soaks through. My husband and i have not been able to have sex since early october. i need relief now with out pain

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:56 AM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• awwwwww u poor thing,idk hun call ur doctor or just bare the pain for few minutes and im sure it will go away.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 2:59 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• It either burned because the medicine is starting to work, which it normally does because you're really not supposed to stick anything up there while you have a yeast infection, or you don't have a yeast infection but a bacterial infection and you definatley need to get some medictation for that. You hormones are going crazy right now so you're body will go threw some changes.
    bossladyp

Answer by bossladyp at 3:47 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• You most likely have a bacterial infection. I never had those till I got pregnant with my son. Its call Vaginosis, I believe. Youll need and antibiotic to cure it.
    MamaSpurg

Answer by MamaSpurg at 8:13 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• See if you can get a prescription for the one dose pill. I had the same problem and my midwife got hte doctor she works with to prescribe it to me. It worked in about 24 hours!
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 11:12 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• OP here. Thanks ladies. I talked to my midwife and she said its not a yeast infection but bacteria and that i need to get a anti candida diet and so will my husband. he drinks alot of soda and when we have sex it burns like crazy. While i am pregnant or not. i am always burning down there when we have sex. i thought it was the body wash he was using because its organic. but it looks we both have it. Not only does he drink alot of sugary drinks, he drinks red bull once in a while and eats fairly bad. the diet says no sugar, no baked goods, no processed stuff, no stevia, no fruits, no bread, no flour etc. and no yogurt that has flavor. it says to eat more meats and chicken but i dont want too. it makes me gag. with this pregnancy i do not want to touch any meats that much
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• kittymontclaire- I dont like lubricants, they make me itchy and they always have. I dont know about me hurting my baby. i dont think thats possible having a bacteria infection.
    Anonymous

• I dont see a doctor kittymontclaire. I have a midwife only and she only comes to my house once a month for prenatal check ups. we do not do any exams because i refuse and so does she. its not important to do internal exams. we only do the babies heart beat and my blood pressure. I have a certain insurance that i need to pay out of pocket and im not gonna do that for this. i already did a ultrasound on dec 4th and i have to pay 123 dollars out of what my insurance paid. its a military insurance. i will ask her what i can get over the counter with out seeing a doctor
    Anonymous

• I feel your pain..I just had a pretty aggervating yeast infection a week ago and they can be painful. I got some anti-itch topical cream and my midwife suggested a natural supplement called acidophilus aka probiotic. You can find this at any health food store like whole foods, gnc, or central market. It completely went away after 3-4 days of taking it so I highly recomend it and also make sure you've been tested for stds bc they can have similar side effects and you could b misdiagnosed. Good luck best wishes
    hillma

Answer by hillma at 12:32 AM on Dec. 15, 2009