my legs hurt when I sleep!

I'm not sure how far along I am yet, I'm in my first trimester for sure though. Recently, when I sleep, I wake up with my legs feeling like they're asleep.. not necessarily the pins and needles feeling but that dead weight kind of thing... It kind of hurts. Any advice? Is this even normal?

alinker

Asked by alinker at 3:18 AM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• That didnt happen to me till my 3rd trimester but what i did was switch to my left side and DH would massage my legs for me. It is pretty common later in pregnancy.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:27 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• o0o it is normal to have leg cramps while sleeping mine get so bad I have to get out of bed and walk around to get it to go away I have been brought to tears over mine and I am in my second trimester but It did it with my first baby and now with the second get used to it because it doesn't go away .....one thing that helps though is if you eat a bannana ...eat one before you go to bed and see if it helps sometimes that works
    Kelly_Motherof2

Answer by Kelly_Motherof2 at 3:28 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• yea i agree with the first answer i didnt start getting leg cramps till my 3rd trimester either
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 6:22 AM on Dec. 14, 2009