very heavy abnormal period!WAY TMI

my dd is 13 months old and im bf'ing so i didnt get my first pp period till she was 10 months old. it was VERY HEAVY! i mean soaking threw an overnight pad within an hour or so. it lasted almost a week and barely let up. i would wake up with blood all over my sheets.

well now ive just got my second period and its just as bad. ive been threw half a pack of overnight pads since last night and some regular tampons.i fell asleep after putting on an overnight pad a bit ago and woke up 1 1/2 hours later with blood all over me(WAY TMI i know!)i didnt even bleed this heavy with pp bleeding or my miscarriage a few years ago. oh and i dont know if it matters but i have the copper IUD in for almost a year now

the only difference is this time im also having clotting and last time i didnt..ok so my question,which this much heavy bleeding should i be worried?could there be something wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:19 AM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Health

• if it's not normal for your body there could be something. I'm surprised you are still getting your period...i was under the impression that it stopped after so long. anyways, i would call your dr first thing am and get in asap.
    CTC7122006

Answer by CTC7122006 at 3:28 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• That happened to me with a copper IUD, 2 overnight pads an hour, I'd wear Depends at night otherwise I'd be covered in blood. Mr. dr. told me that happens sometimes with copper, it's a bad reaction to the copper. We tried a few things to see if the bleeding would lessen it didn't, it got worse and I had to have the IUD removed. I have a Mirena now, not my 1st choice that's for sure, but it works and my periods are very light.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:30 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I would go to your doctor. My friend had something similar happen to her and it turned out to be nothing, but its better to be safe than sorry.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 9:39 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I had horrible periods after having my children. I was exclusively breastfeeding and still got my periods back after only 5 and 3 months. They were extremely heavy and sometimes painful, which was nothing like the periods I had before having children. Two months ago I had an endometrial ablation. It looks like it may have worked because I haven't had another period.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:24 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• i HAD THIS PROBLEM AFTER MY LAST CHILD AND HAVE BEEN TO DR.S THEY DON'T KNOW ANYTHING i SWEAR ALL i DID WAS WASTE MY MONEY TRYING TO FIND OUT AND i'M STILL BLEEDING WAY WAY HEAVY TO THIS DAY IDK WHAT TO DO EITHER SO I JUST LIVE WITH IT
    Anonymous