very heavy abnormal period!WAY TMI

my dd is 13 months old and im bf'ing so i didnt get my first pp period till she was 10 months old. it was VERY HEAVY! i mean soaking threw an overnight pad within an hour or so. it lasted almost a week and barely let up. i would wake up with blood all over my sheets.

well now ive just got my second period and its just as bad. ive been threw half a pack of overnight pads since last night and some regular tampons.i fell asleep after putting on an overnight pad a bit ago and woke up 1 1/2 hours later with blood all over me(WAY TMI i know!)i didnt even bleed this heavy with pp bleeding or my miscarriage a few years ago. oh and i dont know if it matters but i have the copper IUD in for almost a year now

the only difference is this time im also having clotting and last time i didnt..ok so my question,which this much heavy bleeding should i be worried?could there be something wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:19 AM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would be VERY WORRIED you need to cal the doctors as soon as they open that's a lot of bleeding if you cont bleeding like that and have 3-5 big clots in an hour go to ER right away you can very much bleed to death. This same thing happened to me with the mirena and yes i almost died. I would be on this with the doctors today. GL keep track to how many pads you go thur in a hour.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:46 AM on Dec. 14, 2009