HOW DO I GET MY DAUGHTER TO STOP SCREAMING AND CRYING ALL THE TIME AND STAY ASLEEP?

SHE SOMETIMES WILL WAKE UP EVERY HOUR OR EVERY 3 HOURS AND THE SCREAMING PART SHE JUST SCREAMS AND CRYS FOR NO REASON SHE HAS HER TOYS I PLAYED WITH HER SHE HAS EATEN HAD A DIAPER CHANGE AND SHE IS NOT TIRED BUT SHE WILL SCREAM FOR NO REASON FOR HOURS WHAT CAN OR SHOULD I DO? THANK U AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO URS FROM MINES

tabby23andkids

Asked by tabby23andkids at 6:20 AM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son did this also til just recently and he just turned 2 in Nov. Nothing was ever wrong, but around 19 months I tried a blue nightlight and that helped, I think he was afraid of the dark, he still has to sleep with it now. but til he was 18 months he would cry himself to sleep everynight and wake and do this too. every night!!!! I just let him cry himself to sleep cause when I went in there, nothing was wrong, he sometimes wanted to play or eat and that's just not ok in the middle of the night so I stopped going to him.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:52 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• It sounds like to me that she is either hurting or scared. Maybe she is having bad dreams, night terrors or maybe something is hurting her. I would consult your doctor.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 6:31 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Babies don't scream and cry for no reason. It's just that the reason can be hard to find out. If she's cryiing and screaming during the day, my guess would be pain. Good luck and hugs to your little one.
    Bezu

Answer by Bezu at 6:54 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• when my daughter was 13 months old she needed to have emergency sergery , she almost died, Rosie spent 8 days in icu and then another week in a regular room. she was never a good sleeper but when we got her home she realized that if she screamed (bloody murder) and made herself throw up my husband and i would come running. after two weeks of this i spoke with the dr. the dr. gave her a complete exam and then told me to let her cry. do not go in the room and if she throws up then let her sleep in it. We did this for two nights straight, me sitting in my bed crying because we all know how it feels and iwanted to run to her. my advice is to speak with your dr and decide if this is just the babys way of getting to you or if she is in pain and then work from there. it is more painful for you then her and if it is only comfort she is seeking this will be done in two night, good luck and happy holidays.

quarine

Answer by quarine at 7:13 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• she might be calling for attention. if its what she's getting the most from it. i'd try not to react real fast nor strong to her screeming. i'd tell it wont take her any further. all the medical advices are top. i'd also try to approach her more often when she's quiet, talk a sentance or word of apprisal of how great she's doing, for her to feel your back, then over time she should be her regular self, i'd quess. good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:37 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Take her to the doctor. She may have ear infections/sinus infections or sleep apnea may have shown up. Night terrors are common, but are usually easy to spot. Look into nocturnal disorders and see if you can find anything.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:50 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• sounds like my son he always did this he would just wake up several times a night freaking out! now that he is 2 and can talk we know it is dreams he wakes up talking about the weirdest things! just wish i knew how to make it stop! he is up several times a night, every night :(
    bubbbaNbabygirl

Answer by bubbbaNbabygirl at 8:09 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Well, i co-slept with my daughter, so this never happened much. I But f she was screaming bloddy murder, i would go lay down with her & see if she stopped. If she stopped, then i would know that she was just crying for mommy, if she continued crying then i would know that there was something more serious wrong with her. If it seemed as if there was something more serious going on, i would take her out of bed & try to figure out the problem. I don't think letting them cry for 3 hours is good at all. She is a baby, it's OK to take them out of their crib & see what the problem is.

And letting you child sleep in her own puke? If my Dr. ever told me that, i would find a new Dr. that is just disgusting, rude & disrespectful to your child.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:03 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Watch SuperNanny or Nanny911. It has made a big improvement to my grandsons.
    Pam
    Pamq

Answer by Pamq at 9:45 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• There's not a right answer for everyone, but when my toddler was that age, she had night terrors. She was frightened.

But you said (I'm wondering if it's a typo) that she was NOT tired? Did you mean she is tired?

A routine helps us. My kids (finally) sleep through the night, but they have to have their bath, teeth brushed, pj's, jump on the bed, story, kiss.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 9:55 AM on Dec. 14, 2009