When do you bath your small children when its cold out?

I just had a general question. Do you change up your bathing routine when the weather turns cold? My children and our schedule is baths in the morning and then breakfast and so on when it summer and nice out. When it gets cold like now, in the winter, i bath them at night. Does anybody else do this?

MommyTurtle1985

Asked by MommyTurtle1985 at 7:31 AM on Dec. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• Well, I've always bathed my DD at night unless I was unable to the night before, I've done it like one or 2 times in the morning. But, now that its cold, I turn the heat way up before her bath 'cause she's always freezing when she gets out.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 7:33 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I do in the night as well because the girls hair is long and don't want them to catch cold, but if I have to as a last resort they shower 1.5-2hrs before they/we leave for the day.
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 7:38 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• My oldest takes evening showers because he plays so hard during the day... it would be pointless to wash him before his day instead of after. The baby gets baths just whenever I get to them in the day. As long as the house is super warm, I don't really worry too much about the time.
    Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 7:44 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• we usually take baths at night, year-round. sometimes we skip a night, as 'whatever' dictates. seasons have no bearing on bathtime, though. (we have indoor plumbing. LOL)
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 7:52 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• evening always...my grandma always said.."don't go to bed with a wet head"..and i don't think theres any point in taking one in the morning if you are gonna just get all dirty throughout the day.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:24 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I always bathe my girls at night unless we get home late then I bathe them in the morning. The only thing I change is how often they get a bath. My girls are 4.5 years and 23.5 months. I give them a bath every day in the summer time because they are playing outside a lot and they sweat. The winter I only give them a bath every other day or every 2 days because there skin is very very dry in the winter.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:37 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Since weather and bathing have no influence over likelihood of my children becoming ill (ds has long hair), viruses & bacteria do... no, our routine does not change- they are bathed at the end of the day so that they can go to bed clean. they play hard, and get quite dirty, so i bathe them after supper, year round.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:45 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I always bathe her at night. I have NO TIME AT ALL to give her a bath/shower in the morning.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:55 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• No, I usually give him baths at night, right before bed, it is part of his routine. Occasionally. during the weekends, I give him a bath earlier if he is cranky, water always soothes him.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 8:57 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Sometimes I do it during the day..in fact it depends. I never do it in the morning though...we go for walks morning :)
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 9:15 AM on Dec. 14, 2009