what do you spend on a pair of jeans?

since my xmas shopping has been over and done for a week now, i'm getting back to me..i was browsing a fashion website, and looking at jeans..OMDG!! why would i pay $100 for a pair of jeans that were a) paint-splattered, b) bleach-spilled, or c) ripped-up? can i not just go to the local SA thrift store and find the same thing for $5?? what are they thinking? who actually buys this crap..for that kind of money?
i'm certain i've never paid more than $40 for a dark-wash, bootcut jean..ya know, the kind that actually look 'new'.

thehairnazi

Asked by thehairnazi at 7:35 AM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Shopping

• I will pay $20. Maybe $25. I get my use out of them for sure.
    I hate it when Oprah says..."These jeans are $170? Thats sooooooo affordable!" Uh no its not. Love ya O, but thats not affordable for me.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 11:16 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• For new jeans, I won't pay more than 10, maybe 15. I did jeans splurge once. About 10 years ago when I was 18 I had a job and spent $50 on a pair of silvertabs. The zipper never stayed up and it didn't take long for one of the knees to get a hole in it. Lesson learned!
    Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 7:42 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I usually spend no more than $20 on a pair of jeans, but earlier this year I bought two pairs from a store called "Buckle" that were $75 each. They are the best jeans I've ever had, but I don't know that I'd spend that much again.
    itsjaimiehere

Answer by itsjaimiehere at 7:54 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I never spend more than $20. Honestly, the best jeans that i have found have been the LEI ones, that are now available at walmart. They fit me the best and are so comfortable.
    MamaSpurg

Answer by MamaSpurg at 8:10 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• no more than 30..i try to get them on sale when they are about 18 bucks
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:21 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• No more than $20. I found some awesome ones at Target that fit me great!
    morningglory1

Answer by morningglory1 at 8:30 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I love American Eagle brand jeans so I have paid about 50 a pair but I get them on sale most of the time and get them for 20. It is so hard to find jeans that fit my shape. I have a very small waist like 25 inches but a 35-40 inch butt LOL
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:30 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I max out at $40 so I can have Levi's but prefer to wait for them to be on sale. $100 for jeans is crazy.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:33 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• i buy jeans at two places. coldwater creek clearance with a coupon, or the thrift stores. you can always find a new pair jeans at thrift stores or yard sales in women's styles. women get skinny and buy new clothes then they gain it all back and sell their old stuff for cash. jeans are always cheap ( $1-$20) and available.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:36 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• On average I'd say I spend between $80 and $120.
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 8:41 AM on Dec. 14, 2009