washing bottles in dishwasher

has anyone had trouble with dishwashing detergent leaving a residue on bottles, particularly the nipples? they used to be just like new and now they kind of look like they have a fog on them.

shandyeddie

Asked by shandyeddie at 7:56 AM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• mine did that and i dont know what it is.. i have put them in my mouth to see if its soap or tastes like soap and it didnt. so i would still use them if they still felt soapy to me i would just wash by hand in the sink. i bought new ones when they got thin and frail lol..or felt like new ones were needed.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:31 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• YES! That used to happen to me all the time! Now I dont use them in the dishwasher, I bought a steam sterilizer for bottles and nipples and binkys, it works great, it makes everything so much easier! And best of all no residue or soap left or foggy look to the nipples anymore!
    Ad3n_M0mmy01

Answer by Ad3n_M0mmy01 at 9:04 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I nerver did them in the dish washer, I always did them by hand that way I can control how much soap I want to use which was just a little dab.of an amount.and that worked fine with me. Yes I am also a very busy mom. doing things and running around place to place. but my baby came first and other things came next.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:24 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• i wash 24 bottles by hand every day...... i just don't feel comfortable putting them in the dish washer.
    twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 1:14 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• thanks for all the feedback! I had switched from cascade to palmolive and that's when I noticed it. I switched back to cascade and now they look good again. I do steam them too and even with the steam they were foggy!
    shandyeddie

Answer by shandyeddie at 8:20 AM on Dec. 15, 2009