car seats

does anyone have a mini-van that they transport their infant around? we are looking at a honda odyssey, but we currently put her in the middle seat. in the odyssey, the 2 middle seats are bucket, so we have to put her in one of those and I am just wondering if that will work. when we had the fire department help out with installing the seat, they said the middle was best.

shandyeddie

Asked by shandyeddie at 7:59 AM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Travel

• My sister has had a couple of Odysseys and she has used car seats in them without any problem. All the newer cars are made to accomdate car seats. Of course it will work.....That is a great family vehicle. If you can't put a car seat in a minivan...what can you put a car seat in?
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 8:12 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• The reason they suggest to put the car seat in the middle is in case(God forbid) the driver is in an accident and the side windows break, with the car seat in the middle injury do to cuts is minimized. But car seats are universal, its just a safety precaution; funny they didn't mention that when they were accommodating you!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 8:16 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I have my kids on the outside seats. I have never put them in the center seat, even when we just had one child. They only say the middle seat is best, because when you get into an a front end accident, the front seats come back.. Which leads to the child's seat being pushed against. However, that happens in the middle seat too, as the infant carseat isn't narrow enough to fit between the two front seats. Which would avoid the seats pushing on it in a crash.

Generally speaking it's fine.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:45 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• thanks for all the feedback! that's what I was thinking too - aren't mini vans made to tote little bodies!!
    shandyeddie

Answer by shandyeddie at 8:21 AM on Dec. 15, 2009