hello GOD its me cleo are you out there?

my family have been having problems so much that we may have to move.i pray every day being the believer i thought i was.every one says karma...or they will get theres.so i keep on praying .to GOD or my favorite st anthony.i feel as if i am not being listened to.i feel like nothing.i dont get any feeling at all.like nobody is listening.its the same feeling i got when my brother passed.could this be the way its sapposed to be.i feel like i am living a hell on earth.i am losing my faith reALfast...any advice at all. ANY????GOD WHERE ARE YOU>

cleo1977

Asked by cleo1977 at 8:37 AM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Sorry you are going through this. My suggestion is don't look for an external locus of control, seek within.

Some people will quote you the bible, there is the footprints where God says If you saw only a set of footprints in the sand, it was me carrying you. Are you familiarized with it?

You can't control what others do, you can only control yourself. Some times families go through some rough patches but at the end, family is family.

Take care of yurself and seek within, whatever needs to happen, will happen. Remember nothing is eternal and eventually things will fall into place, whatever that may be. Today, write a list of thinks you are grateful for, the air you breath, the health you enjoy, etc. It is easy sometimes to forget the wonderful things we have and we take for granted. Make the time to reconnect with yourself and seek within.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 8:49 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Don't cast your fleece before God and expect a blessing. Pray continually without ceasing. FROG. Fully rely on God.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I too at times feel this way. It usually happens when I get depressed or a lot of sh** hits the fan all at once. I pray and pray and feel like God isn't listening because I don't feel any relief or comfort. But then out of the blue, He reminds me that he's still with me! You also have to remember that God does things(even answer prayers) on His time and not ours; this helps us to be greatful and appreciative of His wonderous works. When I get like this reading the book of psalms always made me rethink things and realize that God never leaves us when we are down and out. Also are your prayers from the heart!? When I pray I talk to God as I would a dear loved one, being open and honest, sharing my fears, my hopes, my sorrows, my guilts, etc, not because I have to but because God want us to reach out to Him as we do a friend in a time of need. Keep praying and never give up on Him because He will never give up on you, I promise!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 9:06 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Don't forget to breathe. :)
    The devil hits you when you're closest to breaking point, girl. Push through. Prove him wrong.
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 9:43 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• The way that things are today, it easy to feel depressed or sad sometimes. I am sorry you are feeling down, Ive been there too. God does care about you.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 10:57 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• It is karma, could be from this life or a past life. Everything that happens is because of karma. As froid figured out "every action has a reaction" It's physics.

Keep praying & ask god for guidance, & know that all this will pass & you will grow from the experience. God puts us in certain situations for a reason, us humans have a lot of things to learn & sometimes god has us learn the hard way because it works the best & REALLY sinks deep. It's not that god is not listening, or that it's not real....this is your karma & nothing can stop that. No one has a perfect life, we are all in debt to karma. No one is free from it, we all must suffer so we we can learn to be more god-like.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:00 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• God is there, don't ever doubt this.

Answer by older at 12:15 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• God listens when his children pray to him, dont pray to the saint, the saint cant do anything for you. Just keep living your life and best as possible and he will take care of you on his own time. He does love you.
    Anonymous

• I don't know about praying constantly. I say a long prayer and meditate before and after then I let it be. I trust in the outcome that where I am at that moment is where I need to be. Whatever is good in your life no matter how small is where you see that there are good things going on and feel the blessings from there. Start small with what you know you can complete and ask God to help you have the strength and knowledge to follow through.
    Anonymous

• I know you don't share my faith but you could sincerely find this article very helpful all-the-same. Check the scriptures in your own Bible too.

http://www.watchtower.org/e/20020908a/article_01.htm

I hope you find it reassuring and encouraging. I feel for you. JES xxx

CosyMama

Answer by CosyMama at 1:38 PM on Dec. 14, 2009