to all of you stay at home moms

What is it with you guys thinking your so much better than working moms? Now I'm not saying all of you are like that. But I was a sahm for 2 yrs and now I'm working 40 hrs a week. And staying home was a hell of a lot easier than working AND taking care of dd. I for one just don't get it.

blondiemaker07

Asked by blondiemaker07 at 8:41 AM on Dec. 14, 2009 in About CafeMom

• i think working is easier and less stress, i just got laid off and it's hard to get used to this life.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:43 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Why are "all" working moms so judgmental?

I'm a SAHM and it's a rough job some days much like it would be if I worked outside the home. Each has it's own sets of challenges and rewards and neither is better than the other though I imagine my house would stay cleaner if no one was in it 8 hours a day or more lol.

Stop generalizing and crying victim. That goes for everybody.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:47 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I think working is easier too. I worked for years. I am now laid off and stay at home. And you know what? This arguement is lame. Grow up. We should be taking care of our young. That is natural. I am so sick of this arguement every freaking day. If you did not feel so GUILTY then you would not be so ANGRY. You know the truth is you should be home. The problem comes that we don't WANT to be home. Notice I said WE. If you work there is a good chance you are doing it by choice. If you HAVE to work to pay bills, look at what your bills and priorities are. Chances are you are wasting money. Look at where you spend money because of work. If you go out to eat because you are too tired to cook, that is because of work....
    Being home IS better. You just may not LIKE it.
    Anonymous

• And again here is another post of someone starting something about SAHM when NOTHING was said to her.
    Just grow up already
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:49 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I was a SAHM and that was hard, I now work a 40 hr week and its getting hard as well... maybe because I'm 9 months pregnant but still. Everyone is different and everyone has there own opinions. Who cares if some SAHM think there job is harder then working moms, and who cares if working moms think they have it harder, I've been both places and there are ups and downs with each.
    Ad3n_M0mmy01

Answer by Ad3n_M0mmy01 at 8:59 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I have to work to pay the basic bills thank you. That consists of rent utilities and grocerys. Dh works very hard as well. I clean cook and take care of dd when I am not at work. I'm sorry some ppl don't have the luxury of staying home all the time. And no I am not bitter or angry at all. I do what I have to do to help support my family. Plain and simple. And as far as jealousy goes no I am not jealous. Not one bit. I'm proud to say that I work and have a real job and that I also take care of the home dd and dh.
    blondiemaker07

Answer by blondiemaker07 at 9:28 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

Just grow up already

I agree with you!

What is this question about? Are you upset because its monday and you're off to work and your kids are bieng raised by the babysitter? It's too early for this crap.
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 9:44 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Good for you, Im sorry you have to work, but is that reason to try to start something? I mean really grow up.

Shyma that was a bit harsh, Yes she needs to grow up instead of just trying to start crap but that was mean to say. Some people do have to work.

I just dont think that just because you work you should be able to act like a 5 year old and start bul with moms that dont have to.
    If what my husband was making wasnt enough Id go to work.We can afford for me to stay home so I do.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:09 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Maybe you should watch what you say because your post does say to ALL of you stay at home moms... and if you dont think we're all like that then you shouldnt have posted that. & Seriously what was the point of this post? I'm a stay at home mom who babysits for a working mom and you know what at the end of the day we're both wore out. So you can go somewhere else with all that crap!

Like you said I for one dont get it (meaning these stupid post)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Not all SAHMs think that. I am a SAHM who was a working woman for 20 years. I find that both being a SAHM and a working (outside the home) mom are valuable and difficult. I'm not going to say either is "easier" because I don't think that EITHER are EASY. I'm sorry you feel like you do. A lot of SAHM may feel that way but I don't. At the same time there are a lot of working moms who have made it clear that they are better than SAHMs. So I call it a "BS Truce". =)
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 12:50 PM on Dec. 14, 2009