Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how can i make my contractor to complete building my house .he ran away with all money and didnot finish the work iam loosing almost 35000

Answer Question

Asked by farahnaseeb at 8:48 AM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Money & Work

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • ops, I am very sorry you got taken. If he ran away with the money, your only resource may be to suit the gay. Even if you win, there is no warranty you will ever see a dime of it back. My suggestion, call an attorney and think of it as a life lesson. It will cost you more money than what you have already put out but do you really have any other choice than to look for some relief at this point?

    Answer by bebita at 8:52 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

  • Contact the State's Attorney office

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

  • Yikes we did not pay our builder a dime until the house was built and to our specifications then we closed on the home and moved in. We did have to put 5k down but that was put in an escrow account. The builder had his own funds or could borrow them to build the home then he pays that back and pockets his profit. Man you really got snowed. I would get an attorney but it is doubtful you will find the person. Next time don't pay any money put it in an escrow account and work with a competent realtor and attorney.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.