we finally decided to start TTC, im on BC pill, when do I stop?

i have 2 more weeks active pills in this pack, and then the whites. We wanted to conceive in the next 2 months...but I need to lose a few extra pounds so im giving myself a month to do that. should I just stop now or wait till this pack ends.

kiyad22

Asked by kiyad22 at 10:11 AM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You could do either. I'd recommend finishing the pack because it will be less likely to disturb your cycle.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:14 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Wait untill the pack ends. If you don't want to get preggers the first month, then use condoms. Generally speaking, your cycle will go back to what it was BEFORE the pill. So if you were regular before you were on BC pill, then you should be regular after you stop taking it and vice versa.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:20 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I'd wait until the pack ends, just because a sudden drop in hormones might throw off your cycle.

The other thing I wanted to let you know is that with my daughter we decided to try for a baby spontaneously one day and got pregnant. With tummy baby (I'm 17 weeks pregnant), it took 9 months TTC, with no major explanation as to why it took so long.

Good luck and baby dust to you.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 10:55 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• If you read the info. on some pills it will reccommend waiting a few months before TTC after you've been on the pill for an extended period of time to make sure its all out of your system. It might also say that it could take up to a year or more to get pregnant once you stop. I would finish the pack. Use something else for a month or so and then start trying. but don't get upset if it does't happen right away!! Just give your body time to get back on it's natural cycle and go from there. Good luck!
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 11:52 AM on Dec. 14, 2009