Why do I lonely now?

I got out of a relationship a couple months ago. I am very happy now and love being single. Well, I have a couple of new guy friends. We don't talk much so there isn't really any possibilities of us being together and we all know that but now I feel lonely all the time and it sucks. Flirting never affected me but talking to these guys does :( If I stop talking to them, will it help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• wha?!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Why do I *feel* lonely now is what I meant. Sorry.

~OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Sorry but I've seen through a family member what extreme lonenliness and guyhuntn can do to a mom. Just keep and appreciate friends and honor your kid the most of everyone you're with. And I don't mean at all that you messin in any bad way, just that a relative who was extremely lonely after a breakup went searching out guys and ended up with her and her kids in big big trouble. Be careful guard and honor first your kids then play time.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 10:34 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• You can be lonely in a crowd, and not lonely when you are alone. Until you can feel comfortable with yourself, you can't feel good with someone else.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:51 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Just keep meeting more people. These guys are not the only fish in the sea

Answer by admckenzie at 10:57 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I think that you shouldn't rush into a new relationship. This is a time for you to take for yourself and begin to love yourself more and find yourself completely. I went 4 years between my DD father and my DH. I dated every now and then, but my DD was my number one importance above me. I had to heal myself. Even though I was happy that I was out of the relationship I was hurt and lost at the same time. I didn't know if I made the right decision even though I felt happy and free. It took me a long while to realize what I really wanted out of a relationship and I got to grow through out that time. I met lots of people who are my friends. And honestly in a four year period I was only with 2 different people, I never got completely serious with them, we moved into apts together but that was only living to save money. We had our own rooms. My DH is everything I wanted in a man.
    suzyb1980

Answer by suzyb1980 at 12:25 PM on Dec. 14, 2009