I have had 5 c-sections and i want a vbac(vaginal birth after c-section)

I had my first c-section because the doc was in a hurry,nothing was wrong with the baby.I had my other 4 c-sections because all of the doctor's said once a c-section always a c-section
and i didn't know any better but now i discovered that women do have vbacs and this one woman that i read about had 6 c-sections then turned around and had her next child by vbac.My question is does anyone know a midwife or OBGYN that would be willing to let me try this thats in the conroe area or not too far away?

Mallkavion

Asked by Mallkavion at 10:28 AM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• give your la leche league group leader, for your area, a call. I know a lot of women who belong to that have midwives. But before you sign on for that just get a couple of opinions from different ob offices, not just one. Congrats and Good Luck!!!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 10:31 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I don't have any advice but wow, that's rough!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Just tell any OB that you chose that you want to try a VBAC, they can't force you to have a C-section. They can advise it, especially since you've already had 5 of them. But it's your decision.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:35 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I've never known any doctor to allow a VBAC after that many c-sections. Usually after 2 they won't allow it. Of course, if you were to have a home birth, they couldn't stop you. But you would need to make sure you were doing everything safely and with a trained midwife. You might contact a local doula, who could maybe connect you with a midwife. Try www.dona.org. Doulas are great to have anyway, so whatever you decide, it would be good to have a doula by your side! Good luck. =)
    RobynS

Answer by RobynS at 10:39 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• my dr is trying to tell me i have to have a c-section and i never had a baby or anything and told me this at 5 weeks and im not goting to let her tell me im going to with out a med reason first and if the baby is fine i think you can do it what every way you want to and just tell s/he that your going to try vbac first before c-section
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• GIRLS... GIRLS... GIRLS... I loved having a C-Section. Have you ever seen what those moms go through to push that kid out of the birth canal? It's not pretty.. and you're whoha will never look the same again. Having a C-section is sooo much better.... No bladder problems, and you NEVER have to have vaginal reconstruction surgery... Oh, and I don't think your hips get bigger either!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Anon :35 WTH are you talking about? I've had 2 c/s and I pee when I sneeze and of course your hips get bigger! That happens during pregnancy not during the birth. C-sections SUCK even though I've had 2 already I'll try try again for a VBAC.

OP, talk with your doctor or midwife. You should have an US to check where your scar is and how bad/big it is to see if you are a good candidate for VBAC. Be prepared for a fight though. No one want's to allow VBACs for insurance purposes but they have no legal right to force you into unnecessary surgery. Not saying all C/S are unnecessary of course.

Good luck, do lots of research, check out the ican website and best wishes for you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Mrs. Duggar has had a few c-sections mixed in with all those kids. It can be done. ICAN can help you locate someone in your area.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• well im 30 weeks with my third i haVE had 2 other kids an had one emergency c section an one vaginal birth but my ob doesnt want me to have a vback they arte scared of uterus rupturing so good luck but after 5 c sections u have allot of scar tissue might make it tough for baby to pass so talk to ob about it but theyll say what they said to me its best for u an ur baby to be safe so c section it is!
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 11:58 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• so I wonder how this turned out. I am now pregnant with my 6th baby and all mine have been C-sections and I now want to have a vbac . only because I don't want to be cut and them take my uterus out.
    amilin82

Answer by amilin82 at 5:09 PM on Oct. 16, 2015