What is wrong with gift cards?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Holidays

• Some people think that its a way to get out of finding the perfect present. I love gift cards, its like free money in my hand.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:35 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I like gift cards.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I like gift cards. Particularly for those hard-to-shop-for people. My teen-aged niece would much rather have a gift card to go pick out her own things than what me or her mom think is "cute".
    merilou1178

Answer by merilou1178 at 10:43 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I think gift cards are good if you already have an idea of what stores the folks on your list like to go to, otherwise they can end up being a waste of money. For example, we received a gift card to Macey's 2 years ago, but I can never find anything I like in that store! I go in every once in a while just to spend this gift card, and end up just wasting my time. I'm not even sure how much is left on the card since most companies begin taking a monthly % off after the 1st year. We also have a FYI gift card from 3 years ago just sitting on top of our fridge. I think its a music store, but there aren't any even close to us.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 11:03 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Nothing.
    I never know what to get guys so I always go to their favorite store ( which ever guy Im shopping for ) and I get them a gift card for like 50 - 100 dollars.
    Guys are hard. LOL I think this year I have spent 400 dollars in gift cards for guys at bass pro shop LOL
    southerncharm86

Answer by southerncharm86 at 11:14 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I wouldn't give to my husband because it just says I don't know you, so here.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Absolutely nothing! For those who think it's impersonable or effortless than make them a nice little holder for the gift card. My friends mom makes little crochet bags to put them in and I make fun little boxes and such out of christmas paper.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 11:22 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• It's not personal. Giving someone a gift card is just like saying "I don't know you enough to buy you something I know you'll like" Or saying your a lazy gifter. You wont take the time to find the perfect present for that person.
    MySailormyhero

Answer by MySailormyhero at 2:35 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• My KIDS LOVE gift cards. My daddy gives em for every bday and christmas! They get a day with their Pawpaw (he lives out of town) and then a "shopping day" with mama (me ;) We do lunch and shopping and have a great time! I am hoping he gives me the Lowes GC I want so I can get somethings I want for my house!!
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 4:57 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• There are some people who have everything they want or need. There are also some people that their is no perfect or ideal gift for. That is a fact of life sometimes. If you did not get that person anything than you run the chance they would be ticked about that too.
    mommybug77

Answer by mommybug77 at 6:26 PM on Dec. 14, 2009