am i a bad person if i don't give a crap if my MIL dies?

She had been a bitch to me since i have met that old bat. i can not wait until she dies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Dec. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• Ya that is a bit beyond mean. I dont get along with mine and she treats me like Im nothing but I would never wish or be happy if my husbands mother died
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:52 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• No. I don't think that's bad. Not saying you will but when she does die for your hubby and kids sake I would act a little sad...
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:52 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Hm, well, would it be devestating to your husband and kids? You have to know when she dies the grief they are gonna go through so that should make you dread it
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 10:53 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• not give a crap = fine, looking forward to it = BAD. Remember to be there to suport your DH and kids when it happens. Deal with your own guilt later.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Your feelings are valid. Whether we would feel the same is something else but you have the right to your feelings. p.s. I was relieved when my wicked grandmother died. Do I feel guilty? No. She made my life miserable. I didn't wish she'd die but I was not upset when she did.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:00 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I don't think you are looking forward to her dieing. I think you are looking past that turmoil to a time when things will be normal and happy after your family has recovered from the loss and she isn't there to bring you down. Trust me the actual death will be miserable even for you.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Well concidering it your husbands mother, and I'm assuming your childs grandmother you should car a little, just for the fact that her death would inpact them as well.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 11:09 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I don't agree with looking forward to it, but not feeling bad is fine. I love my MIL but my SIL uggg, whatever. I would feel sad but it would be less drama and fighting and the heavyness on our hearts that she puts there would be less if not gone.
    Savymom25

Answer by Savymom25 at 11:11 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• IMO Yes you are a bad person for that.
    southerncharm86

Answer by southerncharm86 at 11:15 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• yeah, that makes you a not so great person. everyone only has one life to live and wishing for someone to end is pretty crappy. i wonder how many people are wishing you off the face of the earth right now??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Dec. 14, 2009