9 mo. old not taking a bottle

My son is 9 mo. old and has been formula fed for the last 5 mo. In the past week, he will not take but a couple of oz. of formula as opposed to the 6-8 he was taking per feeding. I might get him to take one or two full bottles a day. He is eating solids and loves them but very concerned about not getting enough to drink. He has not got the whole sippy cup thing down yet so no help there. This is obviously a question for the Dr. but won't be able to see her for a few more days so has anyone else had this problem? Maybe ease my mind ?

hmtom

Asked by hmtom at 11:02 AM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you tried a straw? When he drinks from it pinch it that way a lot of liquid isn't coming out. Maybe something different will help.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:04 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I had this same problem when my son was 8-9 months. Turned out his nose was stuffy and he wanted to be able to breathe!
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 11:04 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Same here my son is 8 months old on formula and he wont take his bottle either I took him to the Dr. and he had an ear infection and very stuffed up. the Dr. said it hurts when he sucks and he cannot breathe. I sit him upright and try to feed him doesn't always work. Also if he see's me drink out of a cup he wants to so I do and fill it with water and they let him sip off of it so he doesn't get dehydrated.
    ktinaza

Answer by ktinaza at 11:18 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• He had some ear redness a couple of weeks ago, which was treated with abx, and I have been wondering about that but no stuffiness or digging in ears or any signs of not feeling well.
    hmtom

Answer by hmtom at 11:19 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• He's getting all the nutients he needs so don't worry about how much he's drinking, as long as he's peeing close to 3 times a day then he's drinking enough, he's just realizing big boy food is better :) good luck
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 1:52 PM on Dec. 14, 2009