Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Scary situation. What to do?

My SIL is prego. She is 22 and her and her SO 0f 2 months live with her mom. Her SO has a jail record of 12 years and is 32 years old. She has "let go" a baby already from a previous SO that she was with for about a year. She nor the SO have a job and she won't let him get a job if another female works in a 5 mile radius. They fight all the time. they came to visit for Thanksgiving and walked out on dinner to argue in my front yard. I think she may be Bipolar or just plain crazy as she made him walk out of the room when we were watching TV because a girl walked on screen. My thing is what happens when she starts to gain baby wieght and some "hot" girl walks into his line of vision? My husband and I think she may hurt herself or the baby. Her mother treats her like she is going to explode at any moment so she gives her what she wants so she won't hurt herself. She has moments when I sware she leaves reality. What to do?


Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Dec. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

This question is closed.
Answers (8)
  • YOU can't do anything. Personally I would avoid her and I would be honest about it.

    Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:16 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

  • You do nothing. Her life. Her problems. Do not invite her to your house any more.

    Answer by louise2 at 11:09 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

  • I think you should get her to a doctor ASAP. My next door neighbor was just like that and she refused seeing a doctor, so her family brought the dr TO her. Maybe she needs to be taken away. Maybe she's dangerous and maybe she has to have an abortion. That's what I'd do. I'd check with a dr. The sooner the better.

    Answer by lovemytwinsters at 11:10 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

  • She had a child before without harming the child or herself so give her a bit of credit

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

  • They don't live near me or I would. I have to tread carefully because she doesn't like me as I am a female so a threat in her eyes. It has always been hard for me to have a relationship with her though I want to. It also is hard because I have a 4 year old that LOVES her. So My thing is that will my daughter see this and think its ok? I wish that it was easier to tell her that I don't want them in my house, but how do you say that? I love my MIL and I want to have a family with them, but they make it so freaking hard that I wind up getting hurt. I hate to see people self distruct. I know it is her life, I know I can't change the fact that what she does will probably end up hurting her and most likely my family as well, but its my family that I am worried about. I want to hit her for only caring about herself and not thinking that what she is doing is going to hurt so many people but I don't do things like that. I want peace.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

  • She aborted the baby before this one! That why I said what is so different about this baby then the last one.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

  • there's this woman whom i known, well dont really know but just an aquaintence. She is overly jealous, but maybe her husband doesnt mind cause they had lots of kids and still are together at this point after they are all grown up and out.

    she will make her husband park in certain spots so he doesnt get to see woman walk around parking lots, she cuts out stuff from the newspaper before he gets to read it, she doesnt like it when her daughter's and her husband are together in the same room. she wont let him watch tv because there's girl on it. i guess he's accepting of these things because he's still there after how many years.

    i agree, you cant do nothing, its just something she has to deal with on her own

    Answer by americansugar80 at 11:34 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

  • Support your mother in law and depend on her to get her crazy daughter to a doctor. Point out to her that walking on egg shells has worked so maybe she should try another method. But keep your distance and keep your daughter away as much as possible.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Dec. 14, 2009