How do you get rid og hemmorids?

After I had my DD the dr told me I had a "small" hemmroid it did really bother me at 1st (7 mos ago) but now OUCH. I feel like I gonna have a baby everytime I go #2. Its not pretty and bloody to boot!

heatmac4

Asked by heatmac4 at 11:11 AM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Health

• I have had similar issues. IF it's large enough the "old wise woman" cure was to wrap a string or band around it until it dried up and fell off... Mine are not large enough for this...

That leave me with two choices. 1.) treat it with things like Tucks Pads for the pain and keep it clean and just deal! OR 2.) have it removed surgically...

Otherwise, there really aren't to many options... Get a baday (sp) that will help to ease some of the pain as well and keep it clean!

Good Luck!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:50 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• My OB gave me a Rx-strength hydrocortizone cream. I applied it every time I sat down on the stool, even to pee.

I gobbed it on the end of a Q-tip to apply.

Also, when you use tucks, it's ok just to get the cotton circular things that you can use with your astringents and stuff on your face... wet them with Witch Hazel (the stuff they put on Tucks and Preparation H that they charge out the butt for), which you can find next to the rubbing alcohol and peroxide. When you apply them, stick them flush against your behind and leave them. Change them every time you pee, or about every 4 hours. It shouldn't irritate your skin at all.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 2:24 PM on Dec. 14, 2009