~Would love to put a STOP TO TAILGATERS!!!~ UUUGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Everytime I look into my rear-view mirror I see a car "tailgating". Now that really drives me nuts. If they feel Im not going fast enough go around. I have my daughter in the car most of the time and I am a very safe driver. If I have to stop abruptly then the vehicle tailgating can definately cause some damage. I am a safe driver because of my daughter but it doesnt seem like people are really thinking the damage they can cause if there is an accident. I guess tailgaters seem to think if they tailgate that will make a driver, drive faster. Well it wont so go around!!!!!!

rosesrred1

Asked by rosesrred1 at 11:15 AM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• When someone "is kissing my ass" ( that is my saying for tailgating) for to long, I slow down. To piss them off. I do not put on my break like some people. I just take my foot off the gas a little. Until they back off. It usually works.

Answer by louise2 at 11:20 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Either go the speed limit, the acceptable 5 miles over the limit, or PULL OVER and let them pass if it's bothering you. Just because you are a timid driver doesn't mean the rest of us are!!! Nothing worse then driving behind someone who can't get out of thier own way!!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• lol, I do the slow down thing too. It usually get's my point across and they back off.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Their is no such thing as "acceptable 5 miles over the speed limit". Call your local police, see if what they say when you tell them that. Anonymous :20 As long a anyone is going the speed limit. They do not need to pull over. You need to slow down or go around.

Answer by louise2 at 11:24 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• just as long as youre not driving slow in the left lane then you wont be pissing people off
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:26 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I slow down and get their plate number and turn them into the police department. They will issue a ticket to appear in court to them and I have been able to testify as to what they did. If they are found guilty they have to pay a large fine and they have to publicly apologize to the person they wronged. If they are caught more than once tailgating or doing other things in the car they have to have a large yellow bumper sticker that states they are a dangerous driver and to call if they do anything wrong. We have almost no tailgating or crazy driving where I live now.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

Unsafe driver amongst us.lol In my town if you go over by 5 mph you will get a ticket. It is called a speed LIMIT for a reason. Half wits like you kill people every year. Why not plan better so you don't have to speed?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• actually 5-10 miles over the limit is OK - my brother is a cop. Regular cars speedometers do not have to be calibrated and they can bee 5-7 MPH off, so the cops won't give you a ticket for going over by 5-10.

Could be if you are being tailgated a lot that your speedometer is on the 5-7 MPH slow side and people are just frustrated b/c they think you are going under the limit. My Police office brother says that the best, safest remedy for a tailgater is to pull over and let them pass!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I dated a cop for years - the 5-7 miles off thing is true, at least in this state. Any ticket written for less then 10 over gets tossed out of court because of that technical glitch.

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 11:35 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I HATE that too. I am not a "TIMID" driver...I am sane. GOOD drivers are NOT timid. Sheeesh.The tailgaters are arrogant,aggressive, narcissistic and I keep hoping a Cop will ticket them. If I had a really old car, maybe it would be fun to stomp on the brakes so they WILL rear end my car! Oh how fun would that be!!!! There are lots of bad drivers out there. I usually drive over the limit but there are too many who are going at least 10 mPH over the limit, changing lanes without signalling and breaking all kinds of rules. They are nuts.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 11:44 AM on Dec. 14, 2009