Am I that effing crazy?

That my SO and I got a toy for our son that was $200 for Christmas? It will be the only gift he will get. It's a John Deere Turf tractor. My family agreed that we will do a secret santa instead of getting something for everyone so I went all out on my son and spent most of our Christmas money on his gift.

http://baby-toys.babycatalog.com/baby-ride-on-toys/john-deere-turf-tractor-with-trailer-OR0037?source=k232270&kw=Google%20Product%20Listing%20Ads

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 11:33 AM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My dad is getting my son one. He is going to LOVE it!!!!!!!!!! I hope your child will love it. When I got one as a kid it was a fire truck and I was scared of it moving so my parents took it back. LOL better luck to you.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:35 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Id get it LOL
    southerncharm86

Answer by southerncharm86 at 11:35 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• My little boy LOVES John Deere tractors. Everytime we're at Lowes he'll try to climb and sit in the displays and acts like he's riding it. I think he'll love it.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 11:39 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I don't think you're crazy, especially since that's the only thing you're getting him. He'll enjoy, don't feel guilty.
    LadyEb

Answer by LadyEb at 11:43 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I think that it is nuts to spend that kind of money on a small child. Unless you have his college savings completely funded, you are making a poor decision.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:58 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I know I sound crazy but I haven't spent jack shit on myself forever. I don't need to. I'm wearing jeans that are either off the clearance rack or stuff I wore pre-baby. I NEVER spend that much on ANYTHING. The only reason why I did is because I am working, we have a little extra money. Had my SO's income be the only one, I would have NEVER spent that much. EVER...lol. This is not typical of me to get something like that.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 12:17 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• You were able to afford it and its the only thing he's getting. I think it's great. He'll love it. Now if you would have spent $200 on 20 different gofts for him THEN I would call you crazy.
    NikLvsNick

Answer by NikLvsNick at 12:37 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• That's what I thought. He's already got enough little toys. I may be giving them away soon because he doesn't play with them all. I got him one big thing that he likes and its supposed to last up until he's 85 lbs.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 12:43 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I don't think there is anything wrong with that! When my son is old enough to have one of those, he'll have one. My husband already has a Dodge Charger picked out for him and I think it's over $300, lol. He tried to buy it this Christmas, and I told him no because my son is only 3 MONTHS old, lol!
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 1:07 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• That' is pretty expensive, but if it's the only gift then it's cool. I think.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:12 PM on Dec. 14, 2009