before an abortion?

is it normal to be scared? unsure? its what i need to do.. but im scared and my appt is today.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Dec. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• You dont NEED to get it no.
    If you are being pressured in to it then dotn go through with it. If it is the best choice for you that YOU have made on your own then go on ahead with wha tyou feel is right, I am sure most people are pretty scared and unsure about the whole thing. Just relax sit abck and really think is it what YOU want not anyone else just YOU
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:39 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I wouldn't know from personal experience. I'm pro choice. I do feel that if you are feeling unsure you should cancel your appointment until you are a 100% sure. Scared yes I would say that was normal. I don't know if they told you but when you get there there is a high possibility of there being activist. They arnt allowed to touch you but be prepared for it.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:40 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Maybe your heart is telling you something by how you are feeling???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Yes it is normal to be scared

Answer by admckenzie at 11:43 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Its up to you. If you are less than 100%, don't get it. You'll regret it. If you do feel that it is the best option, good luck. I hope it turns out well for you. I'm sorry you're facing a tough decision like this.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 11:43 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Yes, it's normal. You are getting a procedure done to your body that you've never had done before.
    LadyEb

Answer by LadyEb at 11:45 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• if you are feeling that way, then maybe you really need to reconsider your choice and explore your other options!
    Why do you feel this is your ONLY option and what you have to do? Just curious, not technically any of my business I just HATE to see anyone resort to getting an abortion, there are other options available, better options....good luck to you, I hope you listen to what I believe is your inner voice, your conscience! I think its urging you to NOT do this
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 11:53 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Of course it is normal. If your appointment is with Planned Parenthood, a counselor will help you determine if this is really the right option for you. www.plannedparenthood.org

Good luck...

Answer by rkoloms at 11:55 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• im sure its normal to be nervous and scared. best of luck to you.. deep breaths!
    Tummysmomma

Answer by Tummysmomma at 12:00 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• If you aren't 100% sure then I wouldn't do it. There are so many families out there that would just adore your new little one if you can't take care of it or something. And you can pick the family and get to know them before the baby gets here. If you just don't think you can care for it or provide for it then I would reconsider and put the appt off just in case you change your mind. I have never had an abortion but I can believe I would be scared out of my mind. I wish you well and hope you make the best decision for you and the baby. = )

Good luck honey and I am here if you need anyone to talk to. My sister had an abortion at 11 weeks so I can be of at least a little bit of assistance.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 12:12 PM on Dec. 14, 2009