at what week due they do an elective c section

well i just turned 30 weeks so i got what 8 or 9 weeks lef t when due they start setting up the apointment for a c section this is my 3rd with my 1st i had her vaginally my 2nd emergency c section so now im on my 3rd due they scedule it a month before so its all set or weeks an is it a t 38 weeks they do it or 39 im not a high risk patient or nuthn !

ohmama213

Asked by ohmama213 at 11:54 AM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The ob should be setting it up giving you a choice of a couple of dates at about 36 weeks. I had my son after a bad labor then emergency section too. My next two kids were both prescheduled sections cause of being so sick after my son's birth.

A repeat non emergency section is usually done about a week before due date to avoid going into labor.

Congratulations Momma!!!!!!!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 11:57 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• They typically will do it a week early. But if you gestational due date falls on a weekend they would do it the week before on like a Thursday or Friday. My frist was an emergency c-section and my second a elective repeat and now I am having my third elective repeat on April Fools Day which is exactly one week from my due date and my mom's birthday so I am elated! = ) But you chould be set up for seven days before your due date. Also if you choose a specific doctor it may have to be done around his schedule if he has something planned. My last c-section the doctor was set to be out of town when I would go in so they took her 9 days early. = )
    Congrats and good luck!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 11:59 AM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Lol, my third baby but my second elective repeat... it sounded like I was on baby number four there! ; )
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 12:01 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• If you are not high risk then why are you having a c-section?
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:14 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• to outstanding love. most drs WILL NOT LET WOMEN VBAC Get off it. she was just asking a question.
    sarahdicksonjr

Answer by sarahdicksonjr at 12:59 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Why on earth would have a c-section that is not medically necessary? It is major abdominal surgery...

Answer by rkoloms at 1:09 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• rkoloms... why dont you read her damn question before you answer like that? Yes, I saw the word "elective" and thought she was making this choice but then I read that she had a c-section previously! Doctors weigh the odds and alot of the time c-sections appear "safer" than VBAC's. I have not had a section but if I had one... I would go for a repeat section over a VBAC

OP... typically your c-section will be done in your 39th week and will be whatever day of the week your doctor is on call so he/she can do the section himself
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:11 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• my sister had her at 38 kws, she had had a previous c-section
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:38 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• facts straight!! my last c section was emergency with my son it was due to failure to progress an too big of as baby to pass through an now im forced to have a c section my ob wont let me have a v back they dont like doing them and the hospital here in massachusetts is stopping all v back as of jan 1st sucks i know but whatever is safe for me an my baby so to the rude comments shut up !
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 3:03 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• They usually schedule them at 39 weeks or after. My first was at 38 1/2 weeks because that was when the doctor was available. My 2nd was at 39 weeks, 3 days (I think) because the day I wanted (at exactly 39 weeks) would have caused a conflict in the office...I was so ready to get that kid out. My other two were at exactly 39 weeks.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:33 PM on Dec. 14, 2009