cold sore

I've never had a cold sore before but I thought yesterday that one was forming. Now I don't know what it is. It started out a little swollen with what looked like puss in it. But I woke up this morning and half my upper lip is swollen while the puss is only in the same one spot as yesterday. Could that still be a cold sore forming?

mom06and09

Asked by mom06and09 at 12:11 PM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Health

• yes it could be. sometimes when i get one on my lower lip area even my lymph nodes swell under my jaw. When i get one on my upper lip area my lip get puffy around the sore.
    Anonymous

• It could be. You'll need to go to the doctor while the sore is still present so they can do a swab of it for testing. If it's your first outbreak, a blood test wouldn't show up as positive for about six months. Good luck.
    kestrelscall

Answer by kestrelscall at 7:36 PM on Dec. 14, 2009