What songs do you always cry to?

8 months ago today i found my mom dead in my room. With the up coming holidays i've been having some really hard days. I have a lot to look forward to too! my husband will be home for 3 weeks! (military). but i'm in need of releasing some emotion right now.

What are your favorite sad songs? If you lost someone you love is there a song that always reminds you of them?

I love you Mom!!! RIP Nancy Lucinda Shedd
March 27, 1964 - April 14th, 2009

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 12:21 PM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• So sorry about your loss.

I always cry to "I Wonder" by Kellie Pickler and "Just A Dream" by Carrie Underwood. They are both so sad.
    MomOf2AmaznKids

Answer by MomOf2AmaznKids at 12:43 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• butterfly kisses.
    theres a new song by Trace Adkins about the miltary that I cry everytime ( my dad passed fighting for Iraq)
    American Soilder by Toby Keith

Theres a lot!!!!!!
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 12:23 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Butterfly kisses is a good song. I don't have a dad but as an adult i really wish i did.
    american soldier is a good song too. DH was in Iraq up until November. He made it home safe.

Thank you for your sacrifice. and may your Daddy rest in peace.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:26 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I'm sorry for your loss! When I was 13. The only mother I knew I found her Dead when I was 13. Her husband was baking Bread! The smell of Bread reminds me of finding her Dead! That was a shock! I'm always told. Let it go!! Its hard!! Don't take the girl by Tim McGraw makes me Cry. Making memories of us by Keith Urban makes me Cry.. The Christmas songs like Feliz Navidad makes me Cry. Many others! We're going through hardships now! We are jobless. Times are really tough! Again you have my heartfelt sympathy for your loss. May you find a way to deal and cope. Grief is tough this time of year!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 12:29 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I dream a dream from Le Miserables

Listen here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt-IBJpEMzA
    Anonymous

• First off, sorry for your loss. And Christmas shoes is a really sad song that makes me cry like a baby everytime i hear it.
    ashleyuc07

Answer by ashleyuc07 at 12:35 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• anon :32 here..... this is the part of the song that gets me every time....

But there are dreams that cannot be
    And there are storms we cannot weather

I had a dream my life would be
    So different from this hell I'm living
    So different now from what it seemed
    Now life has killed the dream I dreamed
    Anonymous

• I'm soo sorry to hear about your mom! I know nothing anyone can say can help, but I really do hope you over come your loss! All the best to you!!

Songs that make me cry ..
    Certain people singing "The National Anthem"
    "Almost Home" and "Sleeping to Dream" Jason Mraz
    In certain moods "There Are Angels Among Us" Alabama

That's all I can think of..
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:41 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• "Cab" by Train
    Actually a lot of songs by Train have a lot of meaning to me.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:42 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• My Mom passed away April 14th 2000, She fought cancer for 6 long yrs. Which now seem like it all flew by... The song "One More Day" by Diamond Rio, makes me cry every time I hear it. The song "Look at Us" by Vince Gill also does because in Jan of 1999 my parents celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary and we gave them a party, they danced to that song, and my Mom was beautiful, she died just 15 months after that. My father passed away in Jan 2005 so the Holidays are a tough time for me too.. Just know she's with you in your heart and no one can take away that..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:52 PM on Dec. 14, 2009