Is my Daughter to young for Christmas?

She is 7 weeks old now but she will be 2 months when Christmas is here.

brandidonaldson

Asked by brandidonaldson at 12:22 PM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would not go nuts getting gifts, but I would celebrate it.
    Clothes,
    diapers,
    maybe one little toy. Save your money you will need it. :)

Start off right when then are young, don't waste your money.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:25 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• who's too young for Christmas???

I agree with PP. if you buy gifts just buy things for her that you'd need to use anyways. and then a few small toys and baby books.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:29 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I agree with the above answer. Don't go nuts and focus on things she needs and maybe one little age appropriate toy she can chew on. Clothes are always welcome. that's all I ask my family to get my kids. and to get them a little bit bigger. always better to have them grow in them instead of out of them.
    NikLvsNick

Answer by NikLvsNick at 12:29 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• She can sit back and enjoy the lights and such and still receive gifts (consider it a second baby shower! lol)... but she won't be able to open anything and she really won't have a lot of focus yet. = )
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 12:31 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I would get her things she needs. My daughter will be two months at Christmas, and we got her clothes.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:38 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I have a 4 1/2 month old and I was wondering the same thing. I have decided to get him 1 big present...maybe a toy he can use in a couple months and maybe a few clothes and that's it. My relatives are all going crazy buying him presents so I don't see the need to spend too much on him...since I'm gonna need that money for diapers and all that jazz anyways. She won't remember this Christmas, nor will my son, so to go crazy would be kind of a waste in my opinion. Of course you should celebrate it since it is her first Christmas but as far as the gift buying goes, I don't see a need to do much of it. You'll remember the events of her first Christmas, not the gifts she recieves.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:52 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I did the same thing Ash9724 did, I got my almost 3 month old a toy she can use when she is about 6 months and couple little things. I love Christmas and buying presents, so I wanted to at least get her something. It won't be a big deal if you don't get her anything though.
    lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 1:03 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I don't think a child can ever be too young to learn about the family's religion and heritage.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:05 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• There is no way she's to young for christmas!

Just plan ahead, my daughter is 11 months and i'm buying her like 24 month old clothes and toys she'll be able to use all next year...
    Just get some stuff she'll grow into and will last with her a long time.
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 1:51 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• my son will be a little over two months when christmas is here. we are celebrating with him. his grandparents are buying him formula and diapers. i agree buy her stuff she will need because babies won't remember a bunch of toys.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 2:40 PM on Dec. 14, 2009