Bra size? Ok i was less then an A when i got prego. Now I'm 4 months and they have blown up! I'm desterate for a bra right now and i'm having problems figuring my size.

I checked out online some ways to check and according to one site I'm a 34b and according to another 30 DD/E. The problem is they want you to put on a good fitting non padded underwire bra. None of my bras come close to fitting and all are greatly padded where i was so tiny.

The site that said i was a 30 DD/E had no bra instructions that i used: If you are wearing a poorly fitting bra or no bra at all, you want to bend forward so that your back is parallel to the floor. Next, measure around your chest and over your nipples. This number should be rounded to the nearest whole number. When i do it like this i get 35 for my bust and with a size A bra on i get 34.5. Can someone help me figure this out?

Here are the mesurments>

Band 30 inches

Bust 34.5 or 35

top (upper chest) 32 inches

KRISTAL_WILDER

Asked by KRISTAL_WILDER at 12:30 PM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Go check out MotherHood Maternity or another maternity store. They are easy to find in the mall. They will have someone there who can help you size for now and even in the future on bra's and clothes and everything. They were wonderful with my first baby! And they don't embarrass you or anything either. I loved going there.

I went from being a C cup to a G cup with my first then when it was all said and done I was a D afterwards (after breastfeeding and such). Then with my second after it was all said and done I was a DD, and I am curious as to what will happen when this one is over. Trust me, you are on the easier side of the deal being smaller to start out because I am busting out of a DDD now and can't find a bra for less than $50.00 and I don't want to pay that much for something I'm going to outgrow! lol.

Good luck and congrats on the baby! = )
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 12:35 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I'd go get fitted. I went from a C to a G... which is the equivalent of DDDDD.

Don't go crazy spending big bucks on a bra while pregnant, because throughout the pregnancy they will still grow, and will grow for a few wks after baby is born. And you may need a cup size bigger depending on how you like your bra to feel. I've been fitted at several different stores, and I prefer Dillard's... if you have one handy.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:38 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Oh, Memigen!!! I'm soooo glad I'm not alone!!! I've only had one baby, he's 8mos old, I haven't breastfed in over 5 mos, and they're STILL A G!! When are they going to go down?! LOL
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:39 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I dont have any stores like motherhood, gap, american eagle, victoria secret, and so on with in 50 miles of me.
    KRISTAL_WILDER

Answer by KRISTAL_WILDER at 12:40 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Well worth the trip!

(If it makes you feel any better, I'm 47mi from the grocery store where I have to bring home 5gallon culligan jugs of water to drink...)
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:42 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• 50 miles from a grocery store? I'd die! I'm only five minutes from one! (And I go like every day!)
    Anonymous

• Oh I'm sorry you don't have anything near you Kristal. That definately makes it harder. Maybe something like this or their other articles will help, but remember not to over spend on the bra because you will most likely change sizes again and again throughout the pregnancy. http://www.ehow.com/how_5528702_determine-bra-size.html

As far as people like us matobe... it may be a good few months after you stop breastfeeding before they go down. Seems like it was about two or so for me? It's been four years so I don't recall. I had issues breastfeeding with my second so they went down quicker then. Good luck! lol
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 12:49 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Keep the small ones for sure, same thing happened to me. I bought all these big bras I had to later give away...
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 2:59 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Go to the mall that has a store like Belk or Dillards, Macy's etc and they have bra fitters that can help.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:17 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Go to VICTORIA's SECRET and be fitted. I finally did that - because they are a Bra Specialty store and they will put you in the bra style that fits you best also. Sometimes, it isn't the size of the bra you are wearing, it is the style. I now have the right size, and the right style that gives me the look and feel that I want.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 8:12 AM on Dec. 15, 2009