marrage?

I want to get married. I'm 23 i have a 5 yr old son an a house with my b/f. He's not ready for the hole gettin married thing but I am. It's the only thng left that will complete my life. i want to be his wife and he wants me too but he wont ask me what do i do

kyrie0406

Asked by kyrie0406 at 12:44 PM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• JUst have to wait it out until he is ready for it. Cant make him want it any faster sorry LOL
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:47 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Honestly, if he is not ready, there is nothing you can do. No one should be forced into a marriage before they are ready, so do not give him ultimatums, besides, who wants to marry a man who isn't completely thrilled and excited to marry you? You are only 23, give it time. Is he your son's father?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:48 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• i would ask him what the hold up is...you already have the house..you already have the child..ask him what is keeping him from wanting to marry you...and he would need a pretty damn good reason to please me. Has he said why?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:53 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Honestly marriage is just a piece of paper. My life has not changed one bit since being married. There is no need to rush things either. You can really make a man change his feelings about things rushing him. If he is not ready just be patient and when the day comes you will then have what you want. Don't nag about it either it only pushes them away. You have everything you want marriage is honestly not all your making it out to be. DOn't get me wrong I love that I have a husband, but I didn't rush anything. I let it take its own course/
    suzyb1980

Answer by suzyb1980 at 1:11 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I think you should learn how to spell it first.
    Anonymous

• "I think you should learn how to spell it first."

That, and who wants to marry someone who a) isn't ready for marriage and b) doesn't even want to marry you? I can honestly say that the only real difference between marriage and living together is your last name if you decide to change it. If you have a good relationship and a good life together, just appreciate it and enjoy it. Don't worry about what the next step is because you'll only drive yourselves crazy.
    Anonymous

• there is a BIG DIFFERENCE. a single woman with a child can do so much more without having a man attached to her (getting assistance and all) If you are married if you need assistance it will only hold you back.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:16 PM on Dec. 14, 2009