Need Advice

I am currently thinking of divorce me and my husband have been married almost 2 yrs we where young and still is and im just not happy with him i mean his a good guy he takes care of us but the fire and spark that was once there has left i love him but not the way a wife is suppose to love him and deep down inside i cant keep lying to myself about this marriage knowing that im not gonna give it a 100%. The reason im thinking of divorce is for many reason taking me for granit thinking o she going to always be there nomatter what i cook i clean and i do everything i give him a 100% but he does not give it back another issue is religion are religion has taken a toll on us we fight all the time about how we want our child raised he wants him raised muslim and i want him raised christian and i know that in my religion being un equally yoked is a sin i just need advice from married ladies or divorced ladies pls help

momtobe4102009

Asked by momtobe4102009 at 12:45 PM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• the child always has to be raised according to his father's religion, because thats what his main origin is. You should have considered that before you married him, that he isn't going to allow your children to follow your religion. If you aren't really religious i wouldn't fight about it. And maybe you should talk about your feelings before you choose divorce. Especially because there is a child involved. Think twice about this. Marriage is no fantasy let me tell you. I hardly know anyone thats like as deep in love as they were in the beginning of their marriage. and its only been 2 yrs!
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 12:53 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Personally you knew this before getting involved and having babies. Second it isn't either one of your decisions what your child will end up wanting to be. Maybe it is best that you teach your child about both your religions and let the kid decide. It is a child and God is not going to cast upon your child. Each Religon has its own beliefs and I don't believe God will punish for that. Marriage has it's highs and lows. The spark is not always there for my DH and I but we make it through the day. And personally every week isn't even always great. You speak that it is a sin """"i know that in my religion being un equally yoked is a sin """" It is a sin to divorce......??? think of that.
    suzyb1980

Answer by suzyb1980 at 1:07 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Punctuation is your friend.
    Anonymous

• Hun i wuld deffintley follow your heart think it thru before making decisions wat bout counseling? I know this much you deserve to be happy for the sake of not just u for your baby as far as religon thats a toughie dont have muych advice on that one i was raised catholic but dont pratice anymore im a christian now thats wat our kids will be raised to be some ppl belive imo that the child should be raised to be wat the mom is im here if u need a friend

Ashanti22

Answer by Ashanti22 at 1:16 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I wouldn't think about divorce just yet, newness always wears off that's when things get hard, so that's when you just have to work at it think about what brought you two together in the first place, marriage is one of the hardest challenges out there, you always have to work on it, figure out ways to get the spark back. As for your child if you strongly believe in your religion, stop fighting with your hubby about how you guys going to raise your child, and just pray to God to guide your son in the right direction, cuz you guys fighting over it can turn your baby from God period, pray about your son and your marriage, if your Christian then you know the power of prayer, good luck momma.

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 1:20 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Where do I start. First I was in the same shoes as you. I'd been friends with my husband for 3 years before we went on our first date. Then we were married for almost 2yrs. We were faced with countless struggles. Well to keep this short & sweet. Yes divorce is a hard choice to make but only one you and your spouse can make together. Sit down with him and share your concerns with him. They may very well be his as well. Feel free to pm.
    LovinKayla

Answer by LovinKayla at 2:38 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• i would wait for the child to get older and let him choose what religion he wants to be a part of. my first born is from another marriage and that guy lets say cuz he doesnt deserve to be called the father of my son, anyways he wants my son to be cathlic and im christian and would like him to be christian. but i want my son to choose. just wait for your child to be able to decide for himself
    ajmlaa

Answer by ajmlaa at 8:35 PM on Dec. 16, 2009