Please don't bash...

Is a dollar store pregnancy test accurate? Now, before you bash me, I CAN afford even one of the fancy tests. And I CAN afford to have another child. I don't want to get the more expensive test because my DH will probably find out before I'm ready to tell him. My DH & I are scrupulous with our budget we check receipts to make sure they match EXACTLY to the money coming out of our accounts. But, a dollar won't be missed versus a $20 test. If the test is accurate I would confirm it with the $20 test, if not then I'll have no choice but, to buy the $20 test. This is what I want to do so you probably won't change my mind about it.

I just really want to know if a dollar store test is reliable, thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 PM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Here you go...

http://www.babyhopes.com/pregnancy-test-sensitivity-comparison.html

Good Luck! Hope you get your wanted result :D

Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:43 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Honey, I bought six pregnancy tests, two of which came from the dollar store. No one should bash you bc of that. I'm not even close to poor, and I did it. And actually...the dollar store test detected the pregnancy quicker than the test that cost $17, which was the first one I bought. So, yes, they are reliable! :)
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 1:10 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• OMG, thank you! Like I said I can afford it & I can afford to have another child but, AAAHHH, I am scared & nervous.

~OP
    Anonymous

• yes. i found i was preggo with both my kids on the dollar test. theyare the same one sthey use at my doc office
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:39 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• No worries... The dollar store test is just as accurate as most other pregnancy tests. There is a website that shows the accuracy of pregnancy test... I will look for it for you.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:40 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• That website was great, thanks, Naths!
    Anonymous

• www.peeonastick.com is a great one too!
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 3:17 PM on Dec. 14, 2009