Confused. what is the difference between Vaginal Yeast Infection and Bacteria/Candida?

I dont get it sorry

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:12 PM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It's different on a microscopic level. Usually the yeast infection which is an overgrowth of yeast in your vaginal area, will make you itch. A bacterial infection which is an overgrowth of the the bacteria your body naturally produces, will usually just smell really bad, but wont itch. It seems like I always get the two together and have asked the doctor the same question. They look different under a microscope that's all i can tell ya
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 1:16 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• lowencope- mine doesnt smell but its nothing like you said. it burns, it itches, it gets inflammed. hubby and i cant have sex because it burns so much. i wrote about it on pregnancy and how it can be a bacteria infection. Monistat doesnt work either
    Anonymous

• VAGISIL!
    Caramel824

Answer by Caramel824 at 1:45 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Caramel824- I never used that. how does that work better?
    Anonymous

• Why don't you just go to your doctor and get a prescription. A lot of these over the counter stuff are useless....just a thought.
    Anonymous

• Because i dont have a doctor! i have military insurance that is out pocket. i already need to pay 123 dollars for a ultrasound i got done on December 4th. And my midwife is my midwife, she doesnt work out of a office or anything. i am having a home birth and she comes over my house once a month for a short prenatal check up.
    Anonymous

• Try looking on WED MD online for the correct answer.
    Anonymous