babies????

I have a 4 year old daughter and I recently thought I was pregnant but ended up getting my period pretty heavily. I was having baby dreams and sore breast and come to find out my SIL is the one pregnant, not me. Without going to to how bad that situation is I was and still am upset. I almost started to cry in the infant section looking at tiny baby clothes. I wasn't aware that I wanted another baby that bad. I always say that one is enough for me, but suddenly when I thought I was pregnant it changed. I have some reasons not to have another baby, but what gets me is that unemployeed, homeless, mental, angery and unfit people have babies all the time. Why would it be so bad if I were to have another baby? I could take care of a baby, I have the room, the job that would allow me to bring the baby to work with me... I mean it would be hard but If i wanted to, I could... So why does the thought of actually trying scare me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 PM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Yeah, you sound like I did. I wanted another baby but didn't. The fantasy was great but I knew the reality. I got pregnant and lost it when my son was 5 yrs. Made me realize that I really did want another baby so we went for it for real and we lost another one. I'm still scared to death but I am so ready to be a mom again (I'm 7wks now). Its normal to feel like you want it so bad but anxious about it.

It is very very possible that you were pregnant but that it was chemical. It's pretty common. Look it up :) What you described sounds like it. Do what you feel is right for you! I just wish I didn't wait till my son was 6 yrs old to try again but that's how long it took me to decide!
    all4mymarine

Answer by all4mymarine at 11:02 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I think it would be weirder if the thought didn't scare you. Regardless of situations, bringing a baby into the world is a big deal and significant change (even when you already have one)
    Anonymous

• Maybe something inside yourself is telling you you're not ready for the added responsibility? Babies are fun but a lot of work and sometimes our brains remind us of that when we are actually actively trying to have one. On the other hand, if you were to accidently concieve, it may be easier just to say "oh well, guess I'm pregnant, might as well make the best of it." and you can focus more on the fun part of it. IDK, just a theory.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 1:49 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I'm having baby fever bad but my first child is just now about to turn a year old. I am married, i'm a stay at home mom, but b/c my husband has a good income and he and I had rather me just be home to tend to the house and make sure our son is taken care of. We both agree we want 3 children. We both would rather the first 2 be close in age. We are considering TTC soon, Our Son will be close to 2yr when the 2cd is born. If we were to do that, I would get a weekend job --becuase hubby doesnt work on the weekend. Just for some extra money for security.

Yes young kiddos are having kids, and people on welfare or living with their parents or in the ghetto find it ok to have a brady bunch family. It makes me sick. But you seem stable and with a good head on your shoulder. If you would like another baby and your spouse would too. Then think through all of the reasons and outcomes,etc and if you agree on it all. TTC.
    Super09Mom

Answer by Super09Mom at 10:23 AM on Dec. 15, 2009