Was is a racist gift?

Oh my GOD! I am panicking because someone said that DH & I got his boss a racist gift and I didn't even know it could be taken that way so PLEASE tell me what you think although it is too late because we already gave it to her...
We got her an Obama calendar for 2010 because her office cube is FULL of it I mean wall to wall Obama pictures, posters, bobble heads they make she has it.Well she is black and that is why my someone said it was racist I just thought it was the perfect gift considering her office I assumed she really liked the President now I don't want to offend her btw we are white if you havent guessed. Is it offensive I don't see how but now i'm worried that she will take it that way I mean I wouldn't be offended by the same gift but I dunno HELP!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 PM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Holidays

• OMG...that is NOT racist. Whoever said that is an idiot. I'm sure she'll love the gift is she is an Obama fan. People really tend to overthink racism, jeez.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 1:36 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Sometimes people go overboard trying to be politically correct. She obviously loves Obama, I don't see the problem with giving her an Obama calendar. I think you friend is a drama llama.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:37 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I agree, if she loves Obama, she will love the calendar. The person who said that is an idiot.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:37 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• If she has a bunch of Obama stuff up already then I wouldn't consider it racist. I mean it is our president either way. I can see why you would freak out though. I wouldn't consider it racist.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 1:38 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I so agree with moniquinha
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 1:38 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I don't consider that racist. Did she like it?
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 1:38 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I also say that it's NOT racist. If you gave one to her and she didn't show any signs of liking Obama, then it could look racist. But she's obviously obsessed with him, so no, definitely not racist.
    mama2br00ke

Answer by mama2br00ke at 1:48 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• NOT racist.... but it makes you wonder about the person who pointed it out. I guess THAT person only sees in black and white.
    Anonymous

• Oh thank you...I wonder if she said that to make me worry ...the person who said it hasn't been to happy with me lately because I've been kinda hormonal but thank you and she won't open it til Christmas so I dunno. But thank you ladies!

Anonymous

• No of course it isn't racist!
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 2:25 PM on Dec. 14, 2009