Would I be stealing my sister's thunder if I was pregnant at Xmas?

I have a 4 year DD & she is spoiled by my parents. My sister will be giving birth in the next week, so the baby will be here for xmas. I am wondering if i could be pregnant but it is too early to take a test. So I was going to announce it at xmas if i was. would that be wrong & taking away from my sister & her baby girl's 1st xmas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 PM on Dec. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• Me personally I would wait since you already have a child let your sister enjoy all the attention.

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 1:49 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Just wait until after the new year to spill the beans. Let your sister and her new baby have the limelight for a bit.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:50 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• No. If your sister has a problem with it then she is too immature to be a mom.

However, if you went to the hospital and announced it as everyone is getting their first look at the new baby THAT would be rude.
    Anonymous

• Well, if its too early to even test right now, I think that Christmas is too early to tell anyone if you are pregnant....but I'm a fan of waiting until you're sure the baby is ok. I didn't tell anyone I was pg with my kids until i was about 8-10 weeks. I don't think it will steal anyone's thunder, there's always enough "thunder" when it comes to babies and pregnancies. =)
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:51 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I like the first two responces.... if you can wait, wait.
    Anonymous

• You don't even know if you are pregnant. You should wait and let your sister have her moment. yOU'VE had your moment with your first kid. And you should be patient in telling anyways if you aren't that far along.
    suzyb1980

Answer by suzyb1980 at 1:52 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Why not make it a new year's announcement? I think it'd be great for everyone to question why you aren't drinking to celebrate, pull everyone together, and tell 'em!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 1:55 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I don't see why you should have to hide your news for her. My sister called and told me she was pregnant on the anniversary of my childs death. She had completely forgotten I was not mad I was happy for her. She felt like crap and I told her not to. I love my sister and any sister worth her salt will be happy for you.
    Anonymous

• Thanks for your answers. But if i was pregnant, the only people I would tell would be my immediate family & hubby's immediate family. i waited 10 weeks on my DD.
    Anonymous

• I would wait. I always waited with my pregnancies until I was at least 8 weeks. First you need to know for sure, so test when it is time. Then make your decision. I know it is hard to keep good news inside, but let your sister have her baby's first Xmas without your good news. Then maybe tell her quietly, and share with everyone else on New Years.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 1:58 PM on Dec. 14, 2009