Membranes stripped

I just had my membranes stripped for a second time today. I'm 39 weeks and I'm bleeding a lot more than i did for the first time i got my membranes stripped. Is this common?

jen.ritterbel

Asked by jen.ritterbel at 1:51 PM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i got my membrane stripped at 38 wks with my first and dint bleed at all, i ahd her the next day. have you callthe doc, i know some spotting is normal
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:56 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Its rather common to have bloody show after any cervical exam, especially when the membranes are being stripped! I had mine stripped 3 times (once at 4cm and twice at 5cm) and it didnt do crap for me so this time I will pass!
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 2:00 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Well i had my membranes stripped last week and bled a little. She stripped them again this week and i bled more than i had the first time. But this time my blood wasn't as gooey I guess. Today my blood has been bright red and with some pieces of dark tissue i guess? It looks like period blood but it isn't gushing really. Just kind of dripping if i sit on the toilet.
    jen.ritterbel

Answer by jen.ritterbel at 2:10 PM on Dec. 14, 2009