Anyone else tired of the excuses for teen violence?

They're doing a segment on it on CNN about Teen Violence and the anchor is saying..."These kids grow up in tough neighborhoods they have to defend their reputation..blah blah blah." I'm sorry but that's just a fucking excuse to allow teen violence to continue. People have fucking choices and obviously those teens in 'tough neighborhoods" aren't making the right ones so I don't feel sorry for them.

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 2:03 PM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I hear ya. I didn't grow up in the best neighborhoods but neither me nor my brothers and sisters were violent and neither were any of our neighbors.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:06 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Me too! I went to the most ghetto school in town and I managed to stay out of trouble. It's called making right choices. No one has control over that but the individual.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 2:09 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Its called their parents need to get their heads out of the crack pipe for alot of them. Parents need to be involved and take care of business. Too many of them dont give a damn what their spawn are doing.
    Sandyr911

Answer by Sandyr911 at 2:14 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• That is such bull, I lived in bad neighborhoods, was abused, raped, and mocked but I didnt go off and shoot someone.
    Geeze I hate excuses for things like that. In honesty it is the parents fault for why the child is so messed up.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:16 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I think it is an insult to survivors of abuse and bad childhoods. They made a choice to be little shi&s and should suffer the consequences. I hear on here all the time how teen moms are capable of understanding their choice to have a babies and can be good moms. If they are old enough for that they are old enough to understand stealing, raping and committing murder are wrong. Lock the punks up and throw away the key.
    Anonymous

• It is called choices and good parenting that prevent teen violence.
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 3:34 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Yeah, that's stupid. I'm also tired of the studies that say that violent video games and movies cause violence. Bullfuckingshit. I grew up playing violent video games and saw quite violent movies, and I am as gentle as a lamb.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:44 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I am so tired of people trying to excuse kids/teens from their bad behavior. Even if the parents are not doing their job, there is still school, churches, various organizations like BBBS who can make an impact. I'm not saying that these groups have the responsibility to take care of these kids, I'm saying that they are there, and they do help when invited. We as a society need to start holding teens responsible for their choices and actions instead of saying, aw, poor kid, his mom couldn't get him the shoes that he wanted, so of course he started stealing. Let's all feel sorry for him now. I'm so sick of it. I pay the consequences of my decisions, why are they exempt?
    29again

Answer by 29again at 4:01 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• caitxrawks don't lie to us you're a fierce lion!! But yeah I am so tired of this bullshit they keep talking like if you grow up in a bad situation you're going to be a sociopathic murderer, but it's okay because it's not your fault. If this is the case my husband is probably out murdering people and stealing their wallets and that's how we're making a living. If you'll excuse me I have a two thirty bank robbery planned, but don't worry it's not my fault I'm a victim of my childhood, video games, and the tough neighborhood I live in.
    Anonymous

• Poor Parenting+Lack of Responsibility+NO Accountability= Juvenile Delinquents.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:39 PM on Dec. 14, 2009