Are you one of those moms who wants a premie?

I don't, I just know there are some moms out there who think having a premie would be better than going full-term. What do you think of those moms?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:18 PM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think they are nuts!!! many premies have health problems! i can't believe there are ladies out there who really WANT a premie. that's just crazy.
    Anonymous

• That is terrible for a mother to want a preemie, the risks, possible long term health complications and even death... No way!!!!
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 2:20 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• That is INSANE!!!!!
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 2:21 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• my baby was 3 weeks early but not considered premature, I was very lucky she came out healthy with no problems. I wasn't a mom who wanted her to come early she just decided to! She wanted to see the world =)
    AlexxasMama

Answer by AlexxasMama at 2:32 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I have never met a owman that WANTED her baby to be a premie

pp 3 weeks early is considered full term. 37 weeks is now "' full term"
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:42 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I have never heard of any woman wanting that. I don't believe that any woman would want a preemie. Why would she?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:53 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• those moms are stuped and shouldnt have a kid if there not thinking of there health
    Anonymous

• i just remembering wanting him out!!! he was a month early but did fine with the help of the hospital. i didn't want him hurt but i couldn't go on living like that! his biggest problem was he had to go through withdrawl which meant an iv for four days. i would've much rather had him healthy and ready to come home that day! i know i was ready to go home and just chill out.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 2:59 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• i think that is just like one woman out of 100,000 so it's such a small small group of people...

i do think it's sad when people get induced before their due date just because of the risks involved that moms seem to not know about or not to take seriously. that's not "premie" but it can end up so if the due date was off
    Anonymous

• I didnt wnat a premmie but i dinjt wnat to go over 40 wks. my kids were born at 38 and 37 wks and ithink that was perfect
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 4:41 PM on Dec. 14, 2009