What time do you put at 3 month old to bed?

Our daughter has been going to bed around 8:30 and she sleeps through the night. When I mentioned this time to a co-worker they commented that we should be putting her to bed earlier, like 7ish. Does it really matter? I don't want to be a bad mom. This is our first.

moviemom22

Asked by moviemom22 at 2:31 PM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She's 3 months!! 8.30 is just fine since she even sleeps through the night!! What time does she wake up in the morning?
    lovemytwinsters

Answer by lovemytwinsters at 2:32 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I was never under the impression that babies even had consistent bed times. But i suppose if she sleeps through the night then you can put her to bed whenever you want.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:39 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Yep. She's been sleeping through the night since she was one month old. I think she gets it from me. I usually wake her up at 6 or 6:30 to feed her and take her to daycare.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 2:40 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I think she gets enough sleep. My daughters didn't have a bedtime until they were about 18-20 months.
    lovemytwinsters

Answer by lovemytwinsters at 2:42 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• well i know how you feel. my baby goes to bed at 9 and sleeps through the night and no matter what i've tried she doesn't go to bed earlier!
    cantwait071909

Answer by cantwait071909 at 2:59 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• if she is sleeping well i see no reason to change it. some babies do seem to need to go to bed earlier because i've heard from moms whose babies fought sleep at 8ish so they put them to bed an hour earlier.

i think at 3 months old my son went to bed around 8:00. he changes gradually throughout the year, and now he goes to bed around 7:00 because of the time change and the short days.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 3:30 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I put mine to bed between 9-11 PM. Whenever I think she's tired enough to go to sleep. She's 4 months old. We're major night owls so even her going to bed at 11, we are still up until close to 1 AM, so it's fine for us. She'll sleep 6-8 hours and then wake up to be fed and changed and then she usually sleeps in 2 hour intervals (waking to feed) until 10 or 11 AM. If someone thinks I'm a bad mom, good for them. There are a lot worse things I could do than let her go to bed late.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 4:01 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Neither of my girls have ever had early bed times. My almost 3 month old goes down when I go to bed at 1130pm and my almost 3 year old goes to bed between 9 and 10pm. I use the time after my older daughter goes to bed to spend time with my youngest and in the morning when my youngest is still sleeping I spend time with my oldest. That is what works for us.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 4:14 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• If she's sleeping through the night, I wouldn't change her routine right now. Mine went to sleep around 8-9 when they were that age and then gradually I moved their bedtime up to 7 as they dropped naps.

Answer by missanc at 4:30 PM on Dec. 14, 2009