Question for Muslims

I saw an iman on British television that was saying the Koran doesn't allow the killing of innocents, but that only Muslims can be considered innocent, so the killing of non-Muslims by Muslims should never be condemned by another Muslim.

Is this true? Does Islam believe that only Muslims are innocent, when talking about the murder of innocents being prohibited.

I am asking honestly. I don't want to start drama.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:36 PM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Murder is Murder and to Murder an innocent person no matter their religion is like killing all of humanity in Islam. Since I didn't hear what this Imam said I won't comment. But the unmoveable fact is that Murder is Murder period and unjustified no matter what their religion is.
    NCMommy2be

Answer by NCMommy2be at 5:28 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Murder is murder no matter what the reasoning.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:50 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• i am muslims... wow.. i can't believe that he said that.. do you have a link? by the way... no innocent person should be killed.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 9:18 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• so the killing of non-Muslims by Muslims should never be condemned by another Muslim. ------

Rubbish, what he said is not correct.

i'm not sure who you would be talking about , but Britain does have some extremists, but as ever they are always given more media coverage because what they say is so controversial. As ever the impression is given that its credible cos its on the TV. but inreality there are very few that sign up to this way of thinking , because it isnt a postion with support in the Quran and hadiths.

I would be curious if you do have a link cos it sounds very odd to me ,,, I'd like to take a closer look at what was said.
    zanzeebeel

Answer by zanzeebeel at 3:26 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• op here - thank you for your answers. I thought it seemed off, but I'm not Muslim so I don't know the beliefs. I don't have alink, it was on the news during a conversation about the minaret ban
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:43 AM on Dec. 15, 2009