My Two year old has a cold room and wont keep her clothes on...

My daughter's room is one of the coldest and last year we had a space heater that worked great! But she is at the age we can not do that this year. Plastic on the windows helps but it still gets too cold especially since she is ALWAYS naked in the mornings.

Every night we have to check on her and she is naked or has her undies on (she had a diaper on initially. Some times she has already peed the bed. Not only that but her drawers are constantly emptied because she likes to change her clothes, socks, underware. The one good thing is...she knows how to put the covers over her most of the time! Please any ideas...and for those who are not tactiful please do not answer!

AmyLynn5398

Asked by AmyLynn5398 at 2:49 PM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Put her sleeper on backwards

Answer by rkoloms at 2:53 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I would put a heavy blanket over the window. I know it is tacky, but if it keeps your child warmer it is worth it. Also it might be worth trying to go into her room while she is really asleep and put some clothes back on her.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 2:53 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• i'd say if your daughter gets cold she will put on her covers or cry for you. my son likes to do this too. i figure that he'll get cold and put on his covers. it's not that cold in my place though. but what would you do if you were cold? she'll do the same thing most likely. as for going through her drawers you can try putting her dresser in her closet, that's what i did my son's and he has his own dress up clothes. he knows he CAN'T touch his dresser bc he will be in trouble. i used to have to clean it up everyday and i got super tired of that.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 2:53 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• my daughter kept doing this, and my husband came up with a brilliant way of handling it. He cut off the feeties of her blanket sleepers, and then put them on backwards!!... it looked funny, and a bit uncomftorble, but it worked.

daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 4:23 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I agree with putting her sleeper on backwards. And maybe let her pick out a pair of those sock like so bed. If she gets to pick a pair out herself maybe she will wear the slippers all night. Or even those socks that have the toes like gloves.

kmrtigger

Answer by kmrtigger at 5:26 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Maybe shes not cold... I am pretty sure she would let you know, or keep her clothes on.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 8:37 PM on Dec. 14, 2009