whats the earliest you got a positive hpt

bxmommy2be

Asked by bxmommy2be at 3:00 PM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• well your body doesn't know it is pregnant until about a week after conception. Even then, the hormone levels are too low usually for a hpt test to pick it up. You can test 5 days before your missed pd, but even then it may not be accurate. The best time would be the day you missed. If it shows up neg, wait a few days and test again. I think the hormone levels double everyday, so the further along you are, the more hormones the test has to work with.
    1passioninlife

Answer by 1passioninlife at 7:08 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• The earliest I personally got a BFP was 9dpo at 4pm in the afternoon. Next morning, my pregnancy hormone level was 26 so the test was extremely sensitive. I'm a compulsive tester anyway, so really the best time to start is about 10dpo, ideal time for the best clear accurate result is 14dpo. But, it's hard to wait that long when you are so anxious :)

If you start testing before 14dpo, just keep in mind that it could still be too early!
    all4mymarine

Answer by all4mymarine at 10:56 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I have no clue how many DPO I was ...but the next day my hCG level was only 11! I "knew" I was pregnant before I technically was....still amazes me how that all worked out.
    croneasm

Answer by croneasm at 9:51 PM on Dec. 16, 2009

• oh and I used a dollar tree test...the line was so faint I had to squint under a light but the line had color so I knew it was a BFP
    croneasm