Do you let them sleep?

When your baby falls asleep when they are not in the crib (like the highchair or on the floor), do you let them sleep there?
Or do you try to move them to the crib? If you move them, do they usually go back to sleep?

serioussifL

Asked by serioussifL at 3:02 PM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well if mines on the couch i let her stay there as long as its guarded fine, but if shes in her bouncer i move her to crib. She usually stays asleep if i hold her close and rock her back in forth in my arms a couple times. If she does end up waking up shes its when i set her in her crib and is up for a little while longer. I noticed holding her hand or patting her back seems to help soothe her back to sleep. Good luck!
    cantwait071909

Answer by cantwait071909 at 3:04 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I move them. Most of the time he goes back to sleep.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 3:03 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• if it's in a bouncy, swing or blnkie on the floor and it's not bed time, i left her. if it was bed time, i moved her. but sometimes, i just couldnt resist and i picked her up and held her while she slept in my arms ;-)
    CTC7122006

Answer by CTC7122006 at 3:08 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• my son only did that like 3 or 4 times and i left him. i was so shocked each time since he hardly ever did it. he fell asleep on the floor playing a couple of times, and in his high chair once. when he was really young he would often nap in a bouncy chair.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 3:22 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I only move my daughter if it is around bedtime. Otherwise I just let her sleep. If she's just napping and I try to move her she wakes up and usually won't go back to sleep, so I just let her sleep. Plus her crib is in our bedroom at the back of the house, so for naps I like her to be wherever things are going on so she doesn't just get used to sleeping when it's quiet.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 3:54 PM on Dec. 14, 2009