Do you believe in the death penalty or life sentences?

I believe in the death penalty for those who have committed a series of murders and especially rapists who do nothing but rape. I don't think our tax money should pay for these insane criminals to sleep and eat. It's a waste.

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 3:14 PM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I'd rather be killed than raped. I think rapists deserve the death penalty as long as it's slow and painful.
    lovemytwinsters

Answer by lovemytwinsters at 3:18 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• We can never be 100% sure, so some innocent people would die.
    It wouldn't be acceptable for me for my daughter to be one of the innocent ones killed, so why should it be acceptable for anyone else's child to die for nothing?
    We can never be sure enough.
    Witnesses can be coerced, DNA can be planted.
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 3:22 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Yeah but if your daughter was raped and you knew who did it, wouldn't you kill that person? I sure's hell would.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 3:24 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I am opposed and have been many years. My uncle was on death row for many years was nearly executed 4 times he finally was proven innocent when the real killer made a death bed confession and DNA was finally tested. He was poor and could not afford the DNA testing when it became available. He lost 20 years of his life. Was never able to touch his wife or children. Had he gotten life with no parole he would have been able to have physical contact with them all. He lost so much because of society's blood lust and hateful vengance. The victims friend who identified my uncle later said she knew it wasn't him but was too scared to tell the truth. I think that bi&ch should be in prison had he died it would have been her fault. Too many have been put to death who were innocent and many more sit waiting to die who did nothing wrong. So sick.
    Anonymous

• I believe in the death penalty for people who kill people. If they did not kill anyone, they should get a pirson sentence.

Answer by louise2 at 3:26 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

No you wouldn't. You think you would but you wouldn't unless you were as low as that person.
    Anonymous

• I believe in life sentence because with death they get off too easy,with life sentences they sit there thinking about what they did for the rest of their lives! I think carrying that guilt(if they feel remorse or guilt)for the rest of there days in jail is punishment enough. Now I feel that if an individual is sick(mentally)and they tried everything and that person keeps repeating the offense then that individual should be taken out of his misery. JMO!!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 3:27 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I believe in the death penalty in certain circumstances. I agree with an automatic appeal, by all means, recheck all the evidence and everything. But when it takes so many years to get to it, it is almost a mockery of our judicial system. I also think that if we weren't so squeamish about the death penalty, we wouldn't have so much crime.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 3:42 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I'm so weird and confused on this topic. I think it should be a case by case basis. Like perhaps serial rapists or murderers, instead of someone who just kills one person. But for some truly evil people, the death penalty is letting them off easy. I also don't like the idea of some innocent people dying for a crime they didn't commit.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:46 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Both.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 3:48 PM on Dec. 14, 2009