Single moms with no boyfriends...

That means no sex that often. So, does anybody use a vibrator? I do and when I told a friend of mine about it she said it's totally inappropriate since I have kids. But since I keep it somewhere the kids are never going to look, I don't see what's so bad with it.. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:14 PM on Dec. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• What the hell does she know? who cares what you keep in your drawer or when you use it. I dont have one but i do masturbate to release sexual tension so i dont go nuts. use your toy and enjoy it.
    Anonymous

I agree. I don't see what's bad with masturbation and sex toys. It's certainly better than having 5 men a week in the house!! Anyway, I masturbate too and I believe that even many married woman do it to.
    lovemytwinsters

Answer by lovemytwinsters at 3:21 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I agree, as long as its out of view and the reach of little ones its fine. But I would suggest not using it when they're within ear shot(I want to say when they're home, but its your house and your rules).
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 3:22 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• LOL What the hell kind of sense does that make? You have children so you shouldn't be able to have privacy and pleasure yourself. Your friend is wrong, and not very good at logic. You have to do what you have to do, especially since you have to do everything yourself!
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 3:23 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• No honey what would be inappropriate is bringing tons of men in your house at night to sleep with! She needs to get a life. Your kids are not going to be traumatized by something they know nothing of. They will never notice that.
    Anonymous

• I have to agree with your friend.
    Anonymous

• I HAVE LIKE 5 DIFFERENT KINDS OF VIBRATORS!!!!! have you tried the "rabbit"?
    Anonymous

• Oh honey! I'm happily married and I have a few toys myself. They were mostly used while DH was deployed, but sometimes they are used while he's in the room :)
    Anonymous

• Okay look I am no longer single and haven't been in a couple of years, but I am a mother with a bio daughter that lives with me and 4 step kids that visit every other weekend sometimes more. I have plenty of toys. It is not a bad thing to have because you have children or because you are married or single. There is nothing inappropriate about it. As long as your kids don't play with them you are good. DOn't listen to your friend, maybe she needs to experiment with one and feel more relaxed about life.
    suzyb1980

Answer by suzyb1980 at 3:52 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• wow. haha, I had a Passion Party with my son asleep in his room, I must be the worst Mother EVER, haha! Though, ironically, I dont own a vibrator and havent had sex since like April-- being single with morals SUCKS hahaha
    AMsMommy212

Answer by AMsMommy212 at 4:11 PM on Dec. 14, 2009