I love my kids !!

so some of you might have seen my post on my little boy Wanting to make sure his best friend has christmas and us trying to make it happen. we were having a hard time coming up with somthing to get the 12 year old boy and I knew my son was getting somthing for christmas from us that was right up this kids alley and said somthing to him and after about 30 sec he decided he would rather this kids it instead! so he gave up one of his christmas presents do this kid could have one He is such a caring boy. and not to be out done my 6 year old kept trying to find things in his room that the kids would like as well. we talked about how they were older than he was so they might find his toys a bit babyish so the compermise? The 6 year old and I spent ALL day baking and making treat plates for our friends and he made them an EXTRA big plate so they could have lots of goodies. I LOVE that my kids get it.That they can feel compassion!

knepppi

Asked by knepppi at 3:22 PM on Dec. 14, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Congrats, you must have done some amazing work as a mom :)
    lovemytwinsters

Answer by lovemytwinsters at 3:24 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• days like this weekend I know I did somthing right some where along the way !
    knepppi

Answer by knepppi at 3:35 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Nothing warms my heart more than my kids thinking about others too! My oldest girls(9,6) go to school and are always thoughtful of others, regardless if its their feelings or just looking out in some small way. I truly feel that some adults need to take a lesson from a child, kids these days have so much to offer: sincerity, consideration, respect, courteousness, honesty, compassion, and many many more!!! I should say until they become tainted!!! Children are special gifts and with times like these it just further shows/proves it!!!
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 3:39 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I desperately hope that the lessons they learn as kids will follow them into their adult lives. we need more compassionate adults in life. I think we have a become a greedy and selfish people and then we wonder why life always sucks around us. sadly enough my husband is one of those and I am glad that my kids can rise above his all about me attitude to think beyond the family box. it's sad when I have to tell my kids ok we can do this but don't talk about it around your dad. He is not a bad guy just young and still reeling from a bad child  hood. I wished some one had reached out their hearts to his family growing up. maybe he wouldn't be so self centered.

knepppi

Answer by knepppi at 3:48 PM on Dec. 14, 2009