What do your teens eat?

Do you allow your teens/kids to eat a bunch of crap?

dillonsma

Asked by dillonsma at 4:06 PM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• mine aren't teens but i don't allow them to eat a bunch of crap. they eat healthy now and i'm hoping it will carry over to their teens when they're able to make their own food choices. i grew up being able to eat whatever whenever and my mom cooked with lots of salt and butter so i definitely was not healthy growing up, and even though back then they didn't know much about transfat and sodium, i definitely want better for my kids.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:11 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• My son is almost a teen, and it's very difficult to get him to eat most anything. He is living with autism, and has hypersensitivities to most tastes, textures, smells and temperature of foods. He won't eat a vegetable, or ground beef, but he will eat chicken nuggets, pretzels, popcorn, mostly finger foods. I pray one day he'll surprise me and eat something in his "dislikes" list and love it!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 5:54 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• My teen eats whatever he wants. He is finally growing and trying new foods, so I will let him eat anything he wants.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:47 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• My teen eats whatever doesn't eat him first! He eats good most of the time, he actually watches his nutrition really well because of hockey so when he wants a little crap I let him. Everything in moderation is my food "motto".
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 10:48 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I don't buy junk food or soda and my teens know the house rules when it comes to food. I buy them their own breakfast foods, their own snacks and their own lunch items....when they are gone they are gone and they don't eat anyone elses food/snacks. It's been that way since they were each about 5-6 years old and they could comprehend that concept. They learned young to eat in moderation, no over eating or you run out of your food faster.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• My teens eat and have eaten healthy about 80% of the time .As they get older and eat away occasionally it is fries and onion rings,pizza but at home they eat well.The athletic director at their middle and high school really emphasizes the importance of good food helping performance and grades.They think he is great so that helps a lot.A cool jock is always more with it than a mom any day!!!!LOL

drfink

Answer by drfink at 10:24 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I don't let my kids eat a lot of junk food and as a family we strive to eat fairly healthy everyday. The things we really try to avoid are chips, soda, candy, and desert foods. Also, fruit is the primary snack in our house and has always been that way.
    RebeccaAmomof2

Answer by RebeccaAmomof2 at 1:56 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• A bunch of crap while he is at home??  No.  My teenagers are boys, 13 and 16.  They eat everything.  They are allowed the 3 meals and 2 snacks a day.  I don't buy soda so that is not an option.  I usually keep a box of little debbie snacks, a bag of chips, fruit and yogurt available.  We used to have all kinds of snacks, we have toddlers too, but noticed the older two like a little midnight snack. 

dawnjohnson5

Answer by dawnjohnson5 at 2:10 PM on Dec. 15, 2009

• i let my daughter eat whatever the hell she wants its not my fault if she gets fat thats her problem not mine
    Texan1993

Answer by Texan1993 at 4:52 PM on Jan. 20, 2010