I think my husband is hiding something from me.

He recently told me he was accused of exposing himself to someone while driving home from work. He said he has no idea what the woman is talking about. But, the woman pressed charges, the DA is involved and now, its going to trial. We've spent $3K on our lawyer but the lawyer refuses to answer any of my questions. Which is strange, but what makes it stranger, is that whenever I ask my husband if he's talked to his lawyer, he always says he has a call into him. When I ask him if there is any update with the case, he skirts around the question. A coworker of mine believes he's cheating, that this whole trial isn't for exposing himself, its for being caught having sex in the back of a car or something. My gut is telling me that something about this whole situation does not add up, you don't go to trial for exposing yourself to someone once right? I just feel like something is off but I don't know what to do...

Kcampellone

Asked by Kcampellone at 4:08 PM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• In our town arrests are online through the newspaper's website. Also you can access his criminal record online at the county clerk's office. It's all public record. You should also be able to get a copy of the arrest report which will give you details of what happened so that way you know what's up.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:17 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• He is not being honest with you. Why can't you go to any of the court hearings with him?
    Anonymous

• I would demand to go to the court hearing or to the attorney. And you can look his name up online and find out what the court hearing is about.......
    suzyb1980

Answer by suzyb1980 at 4:15 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Oh yeah, he's hiding something. Are charges not public record. I'd go to the court and find out.
    Anonymous

• You would most likely get a warning, maybe a ticket for indecent exposer if it's your first offense. I highly doubt that you would go to trial, let alone have files pressed against you for doing it once. Most people don't even report incidences like that. It sounds like your husband is hiding something from you. His lawyer was most likely told to keep the details to himself, so your husband wouldn't get caught. Why don't you go to the hearings with your husband?
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:17 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Just go to thw trail when it comes up. When is it?
    Anonymous

• The lawyer isn't answering your questions due to client confidentiality, I would think. Even if you are his wife. Sounds like something is up and I would go to the trial, if I were you.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 4:32 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Something is definitely going on. I had a friend who had this happen to her, and it wasn't until the court papers came to her hosue that she found out her husband was in trouble for picking up a prostitute. She also found out he got fired from his job because he wasn't really going to work, but drinking in the back of his truck and picking up prostitutes on the job. He had initially given her some lame excuse about a crappy boss or something. I would definitely be going to the court hearing to see what's up.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 4:43 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• you need to to do some investigating yourself. If he just "exposed" himself to someone, you would get a lot more info. He is probably cheating, &* getting caught having sex in your car can certainly get you in big trouble. Ask about the woman who is "pressing charges"..

INVESSTIGATE!

He is lying!!!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:01 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Sounds fishy to me. Everything you need to know is a matter of public record. Go to the court, they will tell you what he is charged with and when his trial is. You can attend the trial even without his permission.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 6:51 PM on Dec. 15, 2009