my dad has everything! what should I get him for christmas?!

this man literally has everything I could possibly think to buy him. does anyone have ideas what to get a middle-aged 50 year old man?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:12 PM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• How about pictures of your kids? You could put them on a mug or a mouse pad or a calendar.
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 4:13 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• This year I am ordering an original copy of the newpaper my father reads - from the day he was born (1947).
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 4:13 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• We are going to get my dad the flip camera. Look it up. It's a new thing, a tiny video camera that can record up to 2 hrs. without being charged or a big battery pack. They're about $150.

http://www.theflip.com/en-us/
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 4:15 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I know to some it maybe tacky but I give my dad either a gift certificate to the local steak house or to Menards. Mom I give her one for JoAnn fabric store since she's a seamstres. My parents can't stand stuff sitting around they don't use so gift certificates are great for my parents.
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 4:19 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• my dad is kinda hard to shop for. But being my son is his first grandson, I thought it might be nice to have my son paint on a canvas as his gift! My dad loves art, and something made by his grandson makes it even more special!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 4:22 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• We like to buy state park permits, hunting or fishing permits, or passes to local attractions that he might visit. He'd buy them anyway, so I know those items are something he would use and appreciate.

Another idea might be a digital photo frame loaded with pictures of you, your siblings, your kids, and your siblings' kids. Good luck!
    MomToBeISaMom

Answer by MomToBeISaMom at 4:50 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• A gift card to his favorite restaurant, or you take him out to eat. Spend a day together all day. It doesn't have to cost a lot to mean a lot! Good luck!
    Katlyne120806

Answer by Katlyne120806 at 4:58 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• A gift card for an 'executive facial" basically it is a facial for men. I bought my husband one for his birthday (he's 53) and he enjoyed it very much. I hoped he would because personally I'd rather have a facial than a massage any day....far ,ore relaxing to me.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:01 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• my dad is very into electronics and is constantly keeping up with all the latest gadgets. he's very into personal upkeep to the facial just might be the perfect git. Thanks to all who answered :)
    Anonymous

• For christmas I have arranged to have all my siblings (there is 5 of us) to suprise my dad the sunday before Christmas by going to church. While me and my husband are regular church goers the rest are not. My dad is well respected in his community and loves it when we come together as a family and do something. Esp in public. He's proud of all the kids he's had and all his grandchildren.

The last time my sisters came to church was when he paid them to about 2 years ago.
    Anonymous