christmas gift question...

i work part time at my son's preschool. there are 5 teachers there (besides myself). i am friends with 4 of them. the 5th teacher does not like me for some reason... you can tell. she never speaks to me unless she HAS to and just never wants anything to do with me. anyway - i got a small gift for the other 4 teachers and was going to drop them off at each of their classes tomorrow when i drop off my son. i dont want to give this 5th teacher a gift since she treats me like she does.

what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:18 PM on Dec. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• We give with open loving hearts, it is supposed to be something we enjoy. Personally I probably wouldn't get her anything. You don't really say your opinion of her but I don't think you have to get her anything.
    Anonymous

• You don't really say your opinion of her but I don't think you have to get her anything

i would like to be friends with her, but i dont think she feels the same way.   i covered her class last week and left a heartfelt note about how i would like to be friends, but she has not even looked my way when i see her.... but i dont want to keep trying if she's just going to keep acting like that toward me.

Anonymous

• Although you're right to feel and think as you do, I'd get her a little something anyways. Not to kiss up but instead show her that even though you know she doesn't like you're not going to give her a valid reason not to, also to show how you can be the bigger person and set your differences aside in the gift giving seaon, and besides maybe it could get her to soften a little. JMO
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 4:31 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• i would not bother. you can not force friendship.
    Anonymous

• most people like candles and they can be pretty cheap ;)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:41 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• I'd get her a little something, I'm the kind that would get a recipe for home-made brownies, "sand-art" the dry ingredients in a big mason jar, put a little fabric between the cap and the screw-on lid, tie on a ribbon with the recipe attached. This way, it doesn't cost you much, and you won't be broken hearted if she decides that you may have tried to poison her and tosses it out or re-gifts it.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 4:44 PM on Dec. 14, 2009

• Fruitcake! It's the I -felt-I had-to-get-you -something-so here's-a-sucky-gift!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 5:22 PM on Dec. 14, 2009